+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your bag?

In the bag: Tons of junk I don’t need and should probably throw out. Receipts I keep without intending to use them, bits of scrap paper with some meaningless phone number on it, and various other mysterious things (I’d have to look to know, but if you just threw it all out on me I’d FREAK! ) My purse is very weapon-heavy. Definitely could protect myself ala manner of medieval rock hurtler. Frankly I’m embarrassed to dig out my checkbook when the time comes.

Daily use: Low maintenance woman. Suave shampoo and conditioner. Yup. How can you go wrong at 97 cents a bottle? And my mane gets compliments, so I guess I’ll stick with it for now.

Make-up: Covergirl all the way. I pretty much only wear a bit of powder, some blush, and lipstick (Revlon Moondrops lipstick in Silverspun Rose). No mascara. When I do, I forget, and rub my eyes silly, turning self into raccoon. But I look okay without it, so why torture mine eyes?

Lotions: I have tons and tons of lotions, mostly from Bath and Body Works. My fave? Cucumber Melon. *sniiiiffff….ahhhhhhhhhhh* Also like Juniper and Sugar Plum.

Firegirl…you are SOOO the beauty tip queen!! I am soo checking out that tint stuff!

And Proactiv works like a charm. I use it, my friends use it, and we love it. Beautiful skin, smooth, yummy, the whole nine yards. Clear as a bell.

FORT Fogey
    yea benetint is great!!

Am I the only person who carries no beauty products what so ever? I have the following items in my bag:

A laptop computer
    Wires for my laptop computers (power, ethernet, USB).
    A digital camera
    A calculator (with reverse polish notation, I love that)
    Pens
    Head-phones
    My passport and visa papers (hey I'm a foreigner in America, and you guys are really freaking out on me).
    Feminine Hygene products.
    Advil and Tylenol.

and that's it... Yes, I'm a geek and I'm proud of it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Receipts I keep without intending to use them, bPlum.

Amen sister! Does anyone else miss the days when they just stuffed your receipt in your bad instead of handing it to you with your change? When they used to stuff it down in my bag, I through it away without a second glance. After they started handing them to me with my change, it turned into an important document that I felt obligated to keep. So, now (except on the rare occasions I clean out my purse) I have dozens of useless receipts for random things (deoderant, cat food, pickles) floating around in the bottom of my purse.

I also feel compelled to mention my strange compulsion to carry around dozens of pens and lipsticks (that I only wear about three times a year). I have a serious problem with ink pens especially. For some reason, I derive strange pleasure out of producing a pen when someone asks for one. My compulsion actually drives me to be a klepto of pens (not expensive silver plated pens or anything, just your garden variety ball points). I seem to 'aquire' them anywhere I use a pen (bank, doctor's office, etc) without even realizing it. People like me used to drive me crazy when I was a front desk manager at a hotel. I even bought pens on chains to prevent it, so I guess it's a common mental quirk. One day I will do a study to find out why humans feel compelled to collect pens.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Amen sister! Does anyone else miss the days when they just stuffed your receipt in your bad instead of handing it to you with your change? When they used to stuff it down in my bag, I through it away without a second glance. After they started handing them to me with my change, it turned into an important document that I felt obligated to keep. So, now (except on the rare occasions I clean out my purse) I have dozens of useless receipts for random things (deoderant, cat food, pickles) floating around in the bottom of my purse.

I also feel compelled to mention my strange compulsion to carry around dozens of pens and lipsticks (that I only wear about three times a year). I have a serious problem with ink pens especially. For some reason, I derive strange pleasure out of producing a pen when someone asks for one. My compulsion actually drives me to be a klepto of pens (not expensive silver plated pens or anything, just your garden variety ball points). I seem to 'aquire' them anywhere I use a pen (bank, doctor's office, etc) without even realizing it. People like me used to drive me crazy when I was a front desk manager at a hotel. I even bought pens on chains to prevent it, so I guess it's a common mental quirk. One day I will do a study to find out why humans feel compelled to collect pens.

Yes!! I like it when the receipt is in the bag so if I need to return something I can say well the jeans from Old Navy are too big(wishful) so back in the bag they go to be returned and Oh look, there's the receipt!!!

I have three different tubes of lipstick...in rust shades. I LOVE lipstick...to me, it is essential. I also like to wear L'Oreal's Luminous mascara. It's my favorite.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey
    I have been trying that new Loreal mascara that has the primer on one end and the mascara on the other, and I love it. It really builds a good base and extends your lashes then when you put on the mascara it doesn't look clumpy because you used so many coats to build it up.

I have a lipstick addiction too! I think it is from my parents, they both think that you could be on your death bed but as long as you have on lipstick you look fine. My friends in HS thought it was funny when my dad would tell me and my sister we needed lipstick. Southern thing maybe??

I avoid wearing lipstick if I can help it because I get it on my teeth 80% of the time, unless I blot it until it's nearly invisible. Something about the way my lips and teeth are placed = nerdy lipstick teeth.

I collect receipts because if it's related to my painting I end up deducting it at the end of the year. (Uh, it's a little embarassing, but I haven't turned a profit since I started selling paintings so you can deduct expenses as a loss.) I find myself saving every darn receipt so I can pore over it later to see if there's anything remotely related. You know, like if I needed that chewing gum so that I didn't have bad breath when I went to talk to my art teacher. You get the picture.

I loved the description of what's in a 6 year old's purse!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Amen sister! Does anyone else miss the days when they just stuffed your receipt in your bad instead of handing it to you with your change? When they used to stuff it down in my bag, I through it away without a second glance. After they started handing them to me with my change, it turned into an important document that I felt obligated to keep
    I hear you SG. I can't stand that practice and it ends up getting me in trouble w/ Mrs. FH. I don't keep my cash in my wallet, I keep it in my front pocket. That way if I were ever to lose my wallet I'd still have cash, or if I lost my cash I'd still have may wallet w/ ATM and credit cards. Anyway, back to the receipts. When I get the receipt with my change I end up shoving it back in my pocket with the rest of my cash. At the end of the day I empty my pockets. laying my wallet and money on the nightstand. The nect morning I take my wallet and cash but end up leaving the receipts (can't buy anything with those). After a few days there ends up being a big pile of receipts and other assorted pieces of paper on the nightstand. Thats when wifey gets pissed :nono and asks me why I don't just throw them away. Why don't I? Probably because I'm a guy and it just doesn't bother me. Or maybe one day Ijust might need that receipt for the 12 pack of beer I bought in August.

And as far as what's in my bag - I don't carry one (or not the kind you girls do) but I do carry a briefcase/laptop bag to work. In it is usually the newspaper, whatever book I'm reading,. some pens, my car keys, some bills/mail I planned to look at at work and on the rare occasion I take my laptop home, my laptop.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I think that its just when they hand the receipt to you, it suddenly feels all important. Like you are compelled to keep it for some stupid reason Who knows? I can't get rid of them either
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread