+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your bag?

FORT Fogey
    Oh and my newest find is if you want your lips to look super natural glossy (J-lo) even though I don't like her.. it is a combination of two glosses by Laura Mercier rose beige and clear pink!

FORT Fogey
    I am SO low maintenance compared to all of the other girls at my school...

I put on 1 coat of mascara-strawberry chapstick and then Im done. Seriously. Thats it. Well, if I have some whopper of a zit going on then I'll cover that up, but otherwise, its just mascara for me. I suppose Its because I am incredibly pale so If I wear eyeliner or eyeshadow its like BOOM! in your face makeup. I only wear mascara so I don't look half dead every morning.

Oh and then I have Dove wieghtless moisturizer shampoo and conditioner and some body wash that I can't remember. And shaving cream. And.... face cleaner wipe thingys.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I feel like I'm splurging when I buy the Loreal mascara (Voluminous, this stuff works amazingly well)

OH! And I also use the Mach 3 razor. Ladies, I'm telling you, if you haven't tried this yet, do it! I've gone through just about every type of lady shaver out there, and none of them hold a candle to this thing.
    Amanda, I *swear* by the Mach 3. Love it! I also think that Voluminous is the best mascara out there.

Other products I love are almost any of the Bath and Body works scents, Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo and Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Finishing Spray and Bobbi Brown foundation. If I want to go the cheaper route, I go with the Suave Professionals line, Aussie Finishing Spray and Revlon Foundation. I also normally use silicon products to increase the shine of my hair and work as a bit of a detangler (Citra Shine is a good cheap version). I also think that those Crest white strips work great

Now that I'm a stay at home mom, though, my morning routine normally consists of shower, brush through hair, brush teeth, go fix breakfast. I try to make a point of remembering how to make myself pretty occasionally, however.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Ha. It's funny seeing things I posted months ago.

I still use that Voluminous stuff, though. I bought Great Lash (Maybelline? I can't remember.), because I kept reading all these interviews with makeup artists talking about how great it is. Meh.

I could not STAND the Crest Whitestrips. Ack. Blah. They were sliding off my teeth, and they taste like pure evil in strip form. I got the Colgate overnight brush-on stuff instead. It's palatable, but I'm not seeing any real appreciable difference. The pack and a half of cigarettes I smoke a day might be hindering my progress, though.

Someone mentioned Biolage and I love the way it smells. This is kinda weird but I recently had to start buying "toddler wipes" (potty training - don't ask) but instead of smelling "baby fresh" they smell exactly like Biolage. (My daughter has the most expensive smelling bottom around!) Now I put a few in a baggie to have around whenever I want to freshen up.

In the bag - fruit, crackers, string cheese, a juice box, extra underwear and pants size 3T, a bottle of water, toddler wipes, box of Dora the Explorer bandaids, one emergency toy (right now a stuffed cat with a Christmas hat), cell phone, wallet. No makeup - yet I wouldn't say it's low maintenance, would you?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

OH, I *adore* Biolage! BTW- Your bag sound similiar to mine (even the Dora bandages)

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It has changed a little because she's not in diapers now. Yet extra clothing is even more crucial.

And Dora is queen in this house. We don't even have cable. It's entirely through peer pressure, and eventually I broke down and bought a "Cowgirl Dora" DVD.

*quick threadjack*

My little girl (she's two) has just discovered Dora. You know when the put their hand up and yell "Swiper, no swiping!" at Swiper the Fox? Well, my daughter stands up and yells "No puppy, no!"
    It cracks me up every time she does it.
    *thread jack over

I totally got a visual on that!

I love 2 year olds because of their vocabulary. But I have to say, 3 is such a sweet age.

//Back to your regularly scheduled thread. //

FORT Fogey
    My daughter is about to turn 6 and we still do the "we did it , we did it" dance when ever we accomplish something new. And she remembers most of her spanish that way too! Also, if someone eats something off her plate she says swiper no swiping!

The funniest thing to me is to look and see what is in my daughters purse. I call her the bag lady because she loves to have a purse. Her "neccessities" would include multi-flavors of lip gloss in various containers, a doll brush, a play cell phone, ONE Barbie shoe, some receipts from my purse she wanted, pennies, a couple of random crayons and a pen w/a marabou cap. Oh and 1/2 eaten bag of teddy grahams. It is all crammed into this tenny tiny little purse.

+ Reply to Thread