+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your bag?

John, Paulie -- you are too funny.
    Hubby swears by the Mach III too.

Agree -- I love my Mary Kay, but when my rep tries to upsell me, I just roll my eyes at her. The Lip Balm is 'dabomb tho.

Because I travel a lot - and often on short notice - I found it easier to have two of everything and have everything packed into my travel bag so I can grab and go without worrying so much that I will forget something critical. Last trip I ended up without a single hair implement, tho. No comb, no pick, no brush. I had that Ryan Seacrest thing going .... LOL.

Firegirl, dish girl ....
    I have to have Benefit -benetint for cheeks and lips its the perfect rosy flush looks so natural and stains your lips for the day!
    What is Benefit? Can I get it at Wal-Mart or is it a department store thing? the benetint sounds great.

I had great low-maintenance skin until about 3 months ago. Suddenly it's red and blotchy underneath. I had used Neutrogena's Pore Reducing Cleanser (works) and thought I was having a reaction, but I stopped using it and use either Noxema or just soap and still have the blotchiness. Now my makeup looks darker, and I have the line at my chin that looks like I've forgotten how to apply it properly. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

I either have OLD SKIN or am allergic to something.

:::gone to get my cane:::

FORT Fogey
    Bumpkin You can get benefit cosmetics at big stores like Macys or at Sephora or if your in a small town like me get it online at benefit cosmetics!

I absolutely love their stuff, I use a lot of it, my the benetint is the one I can't live with out. People always say I look like I am healthy and glowing and that is the benetint. It gives the best flush and looks sooooo natural. its a liquid so a lot goes a long way! I always put just a dot on my little girl before she has pictures and she has the best rosy glow!

They have awesome products like aruba in a Tuba for self tanner
    Hula powder bronzer fantastic
    The eye bright stick is awesome to give you a perk around eyes its like a nap in a stick!

Also if you don't like to wear hose there is the Bathina products and there is one called body so fine and you swipe it on natural legs and it gives a subtle sheen that looks like hose but smooths out skin too!

I am a benefit nut and everyone who tries it loves it!

My boyfriend is a dermatologist and so for skin care I use the recommended cheap stuff. Citaphil to clean and Oil of Olay to moisturize w/spf of course. He doenst think that the expensive brands are any better than the rest as long as they are non-comedogenic.

Check out Benefit you will love it and if you have any questions ask and I will tell you if I have tried them!

Bumpkin, I'm definitely not an expert, but what you describe sounds a little like roseacea which is a skin condition that most commonly effects fair-skinned folks of Irish descent (and others too, I think). Of course, there could be a hundred other harmless things it could be. Get thee to a dermatologist.

Originally posted by John
    Paulie, Chapstick? Ew!
    Yeah, it's not really for me, though. My wife is the only one who uses it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, women like a man with soft lips!!

Hey Paulie--chapstick is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm completely addicted myself. I think they put something in it so that if you don't have it on, it bothers you way more than if you never wore it in the first place.

Chapstick is pretty much my morning routine. Dove soap and chapstick and Degree deodorant. I have to wash my hair at night or it takes till afternoon to dry (and I refuse to blowdry because it takes for freaking ever and is sooooooooooo boring. If I could find some way to read while I did it....but it would still take too long.) Any way, like Dagwood, it's kirkland shampoo-in-a-barrel for me. When it gets really hot and dry here (about.....now!) I'll use Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner.

So, I think I'm pretty low maintenance, but my husband, having never been subjected to just what high maintenance is, sometimes disagrees (like when he gets something besides Dove soap and I throw it at him).
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I'm not embarrassed about it. I just don't use it that much. My lips are naturally supple or something. I really carry it around so my wife can use it whenever she needs it. I guess I like having something in my pocket that she's really excited about.

Sounds like you have either really long hair or really thick hair, spegs. Which is it? Or is it both? While you're at it, you might as well describe its color and whether it's curly or not.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Both (when I have (rarely) in the past gotten my hair cut, the hairstylist always starts out really enthusiastic and ends up extremely pissed because I take 3 times as long as anyone else, so they've missed tips in the time they've spent with me.)

It's brown with a little red, and straight to the point of no return. It refuses to take curl. I got a perm once in high school (hey it was the eighties) and then never again (I also burned all pictures of that time period). My poor oldest son has my hair, and in a short boy's cut it's a nightmare. He mostly opts for the buzz (which grows out in 2 days, poor kid).

That good enough for you Paulie, oh non-user of chapstick?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

That'll do for now.

I actually got a perm in 7th grade. My dad got one so of course I was on board, too. Oh, goodness, do I look scary in those pictures. I was small in stature back then, and the perm made me look kind of like a little girl. Some of the 8th grade girls thought I looked cute, though, and they occupied themselves by chasing me all around the playground during recess. They threatened kisses, which explains the grim determination of my running away.

BTW, spegs, how come nobody can send you a PM? *scratch head, pout, carry on*

+ Reply to Thread