+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Zac Mason memorial thread

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: The Zac Mason memorial thread

My thoughts are with all of you today Unk as you celebrate Zac's beautiful but short life!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3700329;
    Zac's showing is tomorrow from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern followed by a celebration of Zac's life. We will be releasing orange balloons at 7:30.
    Hopefully by Matt putting this all out there as he did more awareness has been created about what a deadly disease this killer leukemia is and we can see an increase in blood donors and/or donations so that one day no child will have to face what my grandson did. Matt initially went public with this so Zac's story would be out there so anyone searching for help as he was might be able to benefit from his experience.
    Once again, I thank you for your support during the past 15 months. I would just like to leave you with a quote from Kyle Alfriend's blog
    Continued prayer for Zac's family. Again - sometimes there just are no words to express how truly sorry we feel.

Continued thoughts and prayers for you Unk and your family, as you celebrate Zac's life.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Unk - my prayers are with you and your family.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

I was thinking and praying for you all today. I hope that this day went smooth. I also donated to my local fund in Zac's memory.

Cootie, donating blood - Perfect thought! Wish I could join you, I no longer can because of health issues. But I really felt your love in this action!

I smiled today knowing that Zac was watching over all of us who have once felt alone and in need. I'm sure he looked down upon his memorial and was thankful for the love shown from all. God Speed Z-Man! Blessed Be for those of us who were able to be touched by an angel who never once flinched in the face of such pain. Zac, you will never be forgotten.
    Yup, with donuts!!

It was a lovely ceremony. Zac had his X-box controller with him along with his WWE Champion belt, his baseball glove, WWE wrestling mask (the one he had on my av that time) and a WWE pillow. For background music they hooked his MP3 player up. Now that was great because it was definitely not you normal funeral music. He had a wide range from metal to country downloaded. Tons of people showed up, some of his nurses and staff from the hospital. When we went outside to launch the balloons the police stopped and blocked off the street for us. I'm sure Zac thought that was cool.
    On behalf of Zac and my family, thank you for all the support.

Sounds like a beautiful and unique ceremony, Unk. I'm sure he was up in heaven catching the balloons. Sounds like he touched a lot of people during his short life.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3701429;
    It was a lovely ceremony. Zac had his X-box controller with him along with his WWE Champion belt, his baseball glove, WWE wrestling mask (the one he had on my av that time) and a WWE pillow. For background music they hooked his MP3 player up. Now that was great because it was definitely not you normal funeral music. He had a wide range from metal to country downloaded. Tons of people showed up, some of his nurses and staff from the hospital. When we went outside to launch the balloons the police stopped and blocked off the street for us. I'm sure Zac thought that was cool.
    On behalf of Zac and my family, thank you for all the support.
    Beautiful.

The memorial for Zac sounds lovely, Unk. I hope it somehow brought comfort to you and your family. You are in my daily prayers.

+ Reply to Thread