+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Zac Mason memorial thread

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: The Zac Mason memorial thread

oh Scott, I just saw this news. My heart hurts. I'm just so very sorry.

7:30pm Eastern time on Monday please release an orange balloon in memory of Zac and those who have gone before him. I'll be releasing mine in California at 4:30pm.
    Yup, with donuts!!

My son has taken down his Caring Bridge site. He says it is just too painful to deal with at this time and prefers to grieve privately with family. He is grateful for all the posts of sympathy and well wishes, but he is grieving very hard right now and it is a little too much to handle at the moment. On behalf of the Mason family, I just want to thank you for all the support and prayers over the last 15 months.

I cannot fathom the pain your son (and entire family) must be enduring right now. It is completely understandable that he no longer can continue with the updates. I will be forever grateful for the time he spent sharing his wonderful son with us via the Caring Bridge updates. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

Unk, no matter that your son knew what was coming, it is still a giant shock. I hope the caring bridge site helped him when he needed it, but it is totally understandable that he now needs his private time. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you and your son for sharing Zak.
    I cannot even concieve of what you are going through. My heart hurts for you all.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

aaawww, so sorry Unklescott. Zac is at peace.

Zac's showing is tomorrow from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern followed by a celebration of Zac's life. We will be releasing orange balloons at 7:30.
    Hopefully by Matt putting this all out there as he did more awareness has been created about what a deadly disease this killer leukemia is and we can see an increase in blood donors and/or donations so that one day no child will have to face what my grandson did. Matt initially went public with this so Zac's story would be out there so anyone searching for help as he was might be able to benefit from his experience.
    Once again, I thank you for your support during the past 15 months. I would just like to leave you with a quote from Kyle Alfriend's blog

These are our children. This is our obligation. So look at Zac. Remember his fight. Remember his courage. Remember the loss of over 1,500 children every year. If you believe too many have died, if you believe it is possible to end cancer, then look into his eye's and say to yourself, "If it's going to be, it's up to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3700329;
    Zac's showing is tomorrow from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern followed by a celebration of Zac's life. We will be releasing orange balloons at 7:30.
    Hopefully by Matt putting this all out there as he did more awareness has been created about what a deadly disease this killer leukemia is and we can see an increase in blood donors and/or donations so that one day no child will have to face what my grandson did. Matt initially went public with this so Zac's story would be out there so anyone searching for help as he was might be able to benefit from his experience.
    Once again, I thank you for your support during the past 15 months. I would just like to leave you with a quote from Kyle Alfriend's blog
    I have a blood donation appt. tomorrow at the time you will be releasing the balloons. I will be thinking of you and Zac - donating blood is one of the most important things we who are eligible can do to help others. My daughter is also coming with me. Take care...

Unk, you will be in my thoughts during this day. I hope the celebration of Zac's too short life will be beautiful.

I agree with Cootie, donating blood is an important issue and if you are eligible you should really consider it. It doesn't take long, it doesn't hurt (just a pinch) and it really can help save someone's life.

+ Reply to Thread