+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifts - The Good, The Bad, and The Regifting

eny
    FORT Fogey

Gifts- Bad and Good

We all know christmas/ holiday season is coming up , and it will be time for gift giving again.

What is the best present you ever got and the worst.From any gift giving occasion...
    Best- back when I had a 486 computer , my brother gave me a 2.7 gig hard drive which was unheard of then.I thought I was in heaven.

Worst- for some reason, one Christmas My hubby gave me a can crusher.:

Eny. A can crusher?

Well, since my bday is coming up you can send all my gifts to.......hehehe

Best: Digital camara
    Worst: One year, an aunt gave me a bottle of Ralph Lauren Polo! 1) it's mens cologne 2) it smells like CRAP!
    I think she actually intended it for my dad, cause he ended up opening a copy of "The Bell Jar" LOL

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Did you trade with your dad?

Aunts pick the worst stuff.....

And yeah can crusher, I was like WTF?

Best: a little elph 2 camera. LOVE it!!
    Worst: my aunt gave me a mixed tape that she copied from another tape of ... Paula Abdul.

once my gramma gave my (now ex) husband a clip on tie and a pair of those see through socks. when he unwrapped them, he thought it was a gag and started to laugh until he looked around and realized my three brothers and my dad were unwrapping the EXACT same things!

The three best gifts ever given were all from my wife:

3. A beautiful brown leather jacket for our first Christmas as a married couple; I still wear it.

2. A basketball hoop with a rectangular plexiglass backboard (not the crappy metal fantail kind) for our new house that didn't come with a hoop.

1. An unbelievably stunning pewter chess set featuring "Good vs. Evil" pieces and a marble board. I have always wanted a beautiful chess set to sit out in my house when I grew up. I even had a cardboard board and plastic pieces sitting out in my dorm room in college as sort of training for the real deal. The set I have now is the most beautiful chess set I have ever seen.

For worst gifts, my crazy, drugs-fried-his-brain uncle gave me a plastic bag for Christmas one year which contained some Chiclets and a bath brush. The man is simply not firing on all cylinders, sadly enough.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Eny- yes, we did trade.

Best: Is my Nikon N60 W/ telephoto lense. I absolutely LOVE it. We kind of bought it for eachother, as $450 was WAY TOO MUCH to spend on anything!
    Also, ANYTHING my kids give me... yeah I know, but I'm a mom
    Worst: I will have to think about this one, as I really can't think of anything off the top of my head. Well, except for flowers after a fight. NEVER give me flowers AFTER a fight. Don't want them. Only happened once though, as I guess I made myself clear Flowers for no reason = GOOD
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I make it a point to send my wife flowers every time I'm gone on business for more than 2 days. She loves it, and if I time it right, then it helps her loneliness, too.

But I'd never even think of sending them after a fight. Poor guy!

Best ever gifts......wow! I really have alot, but I will narrow it down.

-My brother gave me a hamster one year for Christmas. He usually does not put any effort ito anything that has to do with me. So this was a big deal.

-My sister gave me a CD of my favorite songs. They are songs we went on roadtrips singing over the years.(this is absolutely #1)

-A washer and dryer from my parents

Worst gift ever.....

-It is a tie...both from my brother. One birthday I got a piece of bubble gum and the next I got a hairbrush. If you are over ten you can do better than that.

My sister made me 2 VHS tapes full of Roseanne episodes she taped. We're nuts for that show and it's fun to put on when nothing's in.

Worst gift might have been from my ex about 5-6 years ago. The year before we spent about $200 on each other and the following year he bought me this cheap shirt. No thought at all to it and didn't even warn me he was going cheap, so I ended up going overboard and he gets me crap.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast