+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gifts - The Good, The Bad, and The Regifting

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    She probably thinks she got pregnant by sitting on a public toilet seat.
    So when you and Dylan were being "spiteful", she probably just thought you'd had too much turkey dinner or something.

Well, yes. If they ate turkey dinners in Australia.

Well, yes. If they ate turkey dinners in Australia.
    Oops, my bad. I meant Emu.

Well, yes. If they ate emu dinners in Australia.

Okay, I'd joke with "Roo", but that's just gross.

Too much of a good thing can also be very bad.I like to fish so one year all my inlaws and wife decided to get me fishing gear for Christmas but didn't bother checking with each other on what they bought.I got 3 Zebco 33 rods and reels and enough plastic worms and bobbers to last 20 professional fishermen a lifetime.I now have enough fishing rods to outfit a basketball team and we can all burn plastic worms to keep warm while we are ice fishing since the ponds are all frozen over at Christmas.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

The next year i decided to try out golf.Lo and behold every single gift i got for Christmas was golf related.Clubs,bag,shoes,tees,t owels,golf balls,club covers (do you think the are going to catch a cold?),divot repairers,extra spikes and tools to put them on,ball markers,golf video games,instructional manuals,golf shirts and even golf hats.

Too bad i can't hit a ball over 50 feet without it slicing into the woods because i have enough equipment to give Tiger Woods a run for his money.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Really really big underwear.

Who wants to get really really big underwear in their stocking? Not me. I think that mom got the hint when she saw me put them on as a sleeveless body suit once.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Reading skey's comment about an odd gift from an old boyfriend, It just rememered that several years ago, I got an old boyfriend of mine cufflinks and HE hadn't gotten me anything. Well what the idiot did was grab a box of kids gloves (bright pink with little bows on the knuckles) that he had bought on clearance for his daughter and he gave them to me instead. The only reason I know they were on clearance is that it still had the clearance price on it. Man, I just had to laugh at that one (after I got home).

Worst gifts/regifting

Inspired by Senrik's thread on how to respond to bad gifts, but not wanting to threadjack, I'm starting a new one on the worst gift you've ever given or received (for Christmas, birthday, whatever) and how you reacted. Also on regifting, so that I can tell the following story :

My aunt once gave my mother (the aunt was my father's sister; she thought my mother wasn't good enough for him) a pair of house slippers for Christmas, baldly informing Mom that the slippers had originally been a gift from the aunt's late husband about 15 years previously. The aunt said she hadn't worn them "much." They were red and fuzzy on the outside but had those hard little shoes on the inside. We couldn't decide whether their ugliness was the worst part, or the fact that my aunt had no shame in announcing that she was regifting.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread