+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gifts - The Good, The Bad, and The Regifting

My In-Laws used to give people Self Help books. How insulting is this? They actually thought they were being helpful.

I remember the first X-Mas I spent with them. Everybody else got 3 or 4 nice, big presents. Jodaar got a pair of argyll socks. Jodaar rarely wears dress socks, couple times a year maybe. Jodaar wore those socks every time he did yard work. Stupid things blew out in about three weeks.

That reminds me of the pogo-stick
    My wife bought a pogo-stick for my then 11 year old daughter. She is the most NON-atheletic of my kids. I looked at it as my wife brought it into the house and just shook my head.

Christmas morning I waited for that gift to be opened. The daughter was excited..a BIG, LONG present! Tore the wraping off....stared at it for a minute and looked at ME saying "Are you trying to kill me dad!"
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

LOL at duckgirl's gift.

My worst gift was from my Aunt when she was stationed overseas. My two older sisters got these lovely llardo statues and my younger sister got a hummel. I got this very scarey demented looking clown. It was so scarey I refused to keep it in my room.
    My worst gift from my husband was a wine colored silk blouse that was meant to be worn off the sholder that had huge puffy sleeves with a gold coin chain link belt ....it just wasn't me. I'm not sure what fantasy me it was for but it wasn't me.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I think I'd actually like the can crusher

"I've got a rich aunt who runs a winery out in the Niagras. I don't see her very often, but we talk on the phone a lot."

I hate gifts from people's work! Back in college I got 3 bottles of pancake syrup from my "uncle" Carl who worked at a sysrup didtributor about 20 years ago. I can only assume it had been sitting in the garage all that time. I admit it was tasty though

HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE sweaters
    Also My mom made me this beautiful dark green scarf... long, like a Dr. Who Scarf. I LOVE IT!!

My mom did get my husband and brothers snow shoes one year ... yeah, it snows here, but not the right type or depth I guess, as the shoes made it harder to walk in.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by duckgirl

Also, last time we stayed at his mom's place we had really loud sex just to spite her.
    Woohoo! nothing like spiting the woman with really loud sex!!!!!Hehe!

Now I want to spite someone!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

After sleeping on it, i happened to remember another 'lovely' gift that was given to me. I had only been dating this guy for about a month and Christmas came along. I didnt buy him a thing, and he showed up with this huge gift. I was feeling very badly ...until i opened it.
    It was this giant mirrored picture with the etching of two kittens in the glass. Big ugly wooden frame with black mirror and the kittens were gold.
    I had to put the dumb thing up everytime he came over!!! Luckily the relationship didnt last too long.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    One year Dylan's mom gave him a business card for a lawyer and gave me a pen with a note saying "To sign the divorce papers with."
    Man, I hope my mother never reads this, or I know why Mrs. Wayner's getting for Christmas!

Seriously, that does suck, Ducky. I'm lucky, my in-laws like me so much that they've said on numerous occasions that if we ever get divorced they want custody of me! Of course, I have to admire their good taste...

Also, last time we stayed at his mom's place we had really loud sex just to spite her.
    Your idea of spiting the mother-in-law is a lot more fun than anything Mrs. Wayner has come up with. Damn.

Please, at least a pen with a piece of paper can't kill me (unless it was a pen-bomb... ooh, don't let the airlines read that). Thats probably the nicest thing she's ever given me. :rolleyes

Dylan and I are convinced his mother has no idea how she got pregnant four times. She probably thinks she got pregnant by sitting on a public toilet seat.

+ Reply to Thread