+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gifts - The Good, The Bad, and The Regifting

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    My mother-in-law gave me a gift certificate once (don't remember where). Would have been nice ....except for the fact that it had expired several months prior.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

this thread is hysterical!!! there are so many things on which i'd like to comment... however, i'm laughing so much it will have to wait.

Princess
    Originally posted by Bonker
    HA I like the hockey stick one
    Bonker... thank you! You know, I felt guilty for like 20 years for not appreciating it!

OMG, this thread is so freakin' funny! I'm laughing out loud, and my dog is looking at my like I'm crazy.

I don't think I've gotten really bad Christmas gifts. Last year, I did get an ceramic parrot from one of my sisters. All I could say was: Ummm..thanks! I only put it up when she comes to visit.

One year Dylan's mom gave him a business card for a lawyer and gave me a pen with a note saying "To sign the divorce papers with."

Gee thanks, ya Nazi bitch.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Uh Duck...you win worst gift ever, that's for sure!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

agentcarver
    I bow before thee, duck. That does suck.

Here's my addition:

I've got a rich aunt who runs a winery out in the Niagras. I don't see her very often, but we talk on the phone a lot.

Last year, she got me a set of Petite Woman's golf clubs. I have been called "The Modern Amazon". I am taller than most people you meet daily. I am certainly not petite.

Now, I do like golfing, but these are designed for someone who needs a telephone book on her car seat to see over the dashboard.

Also, golf clubs are quite expensive, and these ones are really dinky, so I can't just give 'em away.

What do I do with them?

Sell them on ebay.

Also, last time we stayed at his mom's place we had really loud sex just to spite her.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Bad present Ducky for sure .... That woman should be kissing the ground you walk on....

My mother is long gone , but memories of bad presents remain.

A set of ugly mismatched towels she picked up at a seconds
    outlet - The same year My Mother in law gives me a diamond necklace.

A cheesy fake silver serving tray with matching cheesy fake silver liqueur cups - Mother in law buys me my first scanner

Monogrammed orange / neon green napkins & plastic sandals ???- Mother in law lovely gold locket .

Lest you think somehow my husband has inheirited his mothers Christmas touch - over the years I have gotten-
    A can crusher, A sweatshirt that sounds similar to Sher's only with kittens ,a set of four new toothbrushes, hooks to hang the kids bikes on for the garage,baby blue suede pants 2 sizes too small- with a matching sweater that was 2 sizes too big, a fuscha (?) coat , huge fuzzy bear claw slippers which actually the dog loved- except he attacked my feet when I put them on, and always fruitcake....

Since my kids have gotten old enough to have an opinion the presents have improved...

LMFAO eny- those are such man presents. The bike racks, the too small pants/ too big sweater, fuschia coat... lmao. Man presents indeed.

I hate it when Dylan's grandfather buys us presents- firstly he doesnt have to, secondly they're lame. He bought Dylan another power drill (his third) and he bought me a George Forman knockoff grill. I hope that's not a hint.

+ Reply to Thread