+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone fear the dentist like me?

Does anyone fear the dentist like me?

hi all

I have a (shudder) dentist appointment in a half hour.

I have to take a xanax just to go.

(hate taking pills but, can't sit in that damn chair)

the sound of the drill is already playing in my head.

I think I'd rather have major surgery than go here.

I feel sick....

does anyone dread this as much as me? (I know people do but, curious about on here)

And what remedys do you have to get through it besides drugs?
    (this stuff makes me feel sick and sleepy)

I'm only having my teeth cleaned!!

If he says I have to come back for anything I'll just ask him to knock me out.

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Well, I haven't been to the dentist in years. And when I was 8, I punched my dentist for trying to give me a shot after I'd told him I didn't want any shots (he thought I was too gassed up to protest). So yeah, I have an unhealthy fear of dentistry.

Originally posted by John
    Well, I haven't been to the dentist in years. And when I was 8, I punched my dentist for trying to give me a shot after I'd told him I didn't want any shots (he thought I was too gassed up to protest). So yeah, I have an unhealthy fear of dentistry.
    Wow John that's why they give me Xanax!!

I think he's afraid I'm gonna sock him!

Today not too bad as usual as it is just a cleaning (still my heart is beating too fast)

How are your teeth?? I go every 6 months faithfully even though I detest it. I like my teeth. I never want dentures!!

You better go!

The Xanax does work well.
    can't drive with it though.

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Stevie, one time (10 years ago) I went to the dentist to have a filling. She shot me up with novacaine but I could still feel everything. She gave me another shot, then told me I was imagining it because there was no way I could still feel anything. I COULD. She drilled down and hit a nerve. When I yelled she yelled at me and said I didn't feel it!!!

I've had an irrational fear ever since. I used to LOVE going to the dentist.

Last time I went (about a year ago I guess) I had to have one of my way back teeth pulled. When I explained how scared I was the dentist tried to talk me through the novacain shot. I told him I didn't mind the shots, it was after. He was great but my knuckles where white from grabbing the arm of the chair, and I swear my heart was beating so hard I thought I may actually have a freakin heart attack.

Haven't been back again since. I realy need to go.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Stevie, that's crazy that you have to take xanax for this. !!!!

Hopefully today will go well for you and you can handle your fear a little better.

I don't really have a fear of the dentist. I would rather go to the dentist any day over going to the doctor.
    Who shot who in the what now?

My wife goes faithfully every 6 months. I take really good care of my teeth, just to avoid going. Of course, I didn't when I was younger. Almost all my teeth are filled, I have a bridge, and I had braces for 4 years. But other than that

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugggh Stevie Im with you...I hate the dentist. Its so bad that i go to Sleep Dentistry. So everytime I go to the dentist I get an IV and get Fentanyl (a wonderful Drug!) They also give Versed, but i usually just get the Fent. You should look into it, its a somewhat new thing. Its called Conscious Sedation, so your in a twilight sleep, and you dont remember a thing! My dentist is also and anesthesiologist so it works out great! Im so glad I discovered it.

I had braces for 11 (yes, that's ELEVEN) years and have had my fill of dentists and mouth surgery. When I go, I ask for laughing gas--doesn't make it hurt less, just makes it so I don't care!

FORT Fogey
    Yep I hate it,, totally irrational, have had major surgery a dozen times given birth etc.. but dentist! blech and I have great teeth!
    But once when I was about 9-10 I wet my pants when having a tooth pulled!

I feel vunerable on the dentist's chair. I don't go unless I have to, and my mum makes me go every six months. I don't need to wear braces, so I'm really thankful about this fact, but one of my jaws is slightly tilted, and the only way to correct that is by surgery, and I'm not even considering that! No, not for one second. I've been on an operating table before and I don't want to have repeat the experience again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast