+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever been to a psychic?

Anyone ever been to a psychic?

I've been curious just to see what they say and what they're like. I'm somewhat skeptical, but there's a question I really want the answer for or an explanation.

If you have been, what have your experiences been like?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Anyone ever been to a psychic?

I'd like to have my chart done. Never been to a psychic, though.

John Edward does interest me, but he's a medium, right?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been to a woman who reads past lives (in barter for finishing a quilt she started). That was fun. Not sure I believe it, but I have it all on tape somewhere. I recently went to a woman who does massage and talks to the angels around you. Caught her mis-reading verbal cues, so that sort of boloxed that, but the massage was nice. Oh yeah, and a guy read my "contract" that I made before incarnating. I'm not a whacko - these opportunities just seem to present themselves to me. I don't go looking for them. I was into Taro cards for a few years and they were eerily right, so that would be my one recommendation. and 'shay - John Edwards interests me, too. But you've all heard me recommend the book "Life After Life" (not by Edwards, about near-death experiences) a dozen times.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-19-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've read Life After Life...many years ago when a dear friend was murdered...and it deeply affected me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I have been and my parents used to go and so did my aunt. Beware as some are complete frauds, but the one I saw wasn't able to answer questions, but she told me some things that there was NO way she could have possibly have known and they weren't generic things. They were quite specific. Different ones use different techniques. The one I went too would ask you to handle an object and then she would take that object and hold it while she closed her eyes and then started telling me things. She told me some things that never came to pass and some that did. She gave me some specific details about my grandfather who was dead that she couldn't have known.

Some use tarot cards, some hold your hand, the methods vary. I would ask for a word of mouth referral if you can and try to find someone with a good reputation. Quite obviously this is a profession that attracts a lot of kooks and weirdos and frauds. But there are good ones out there.

I do reccomend that you ask if you can record the session. My dad used to do that so he could remember what was said and he used to say that often some of the things he was told came to pass and he had the recordings to go back and listen too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I had my cards read when I was 25, the woman told me I would be married in 2 years and have 4 kids. She scared the snot out of me. I'm 38, still single and no kids, thank goodness.

I went to another lady who actually worked with one of my friends and did readings as a side job. She did readings for my two friends that were pretty accurate, but she couldn't "read" me because all she could "see" was books. I'm a voracious reader so she was right about that, too.

I think it's a fun and interesting thing to do as long as you don't take it too seriously.

I will be so bold as to say that it is all crap. Do some research on cold reading, and you'll see how they seem to get results. A good place to start is skepdic.com Another good source, believe it or not, is the show South Park, specifically The Biggest Douche in the Universe episode.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I went to a psychic many years ago right after I married my first husband. She "read" us separately and told me a somewhat specific chain of events that would lead to my eventual divorce and remarriage. I was NOT happy to hear this when I was a newlywed, that's for sure. Still, she ended up being right about it. She was also right about a few other things, but I don't really buy into psychics. For one thing, near the end of the session, she said, "I can feel that you have a question you want to ask me." I actually didn't have a question I wanted to ask her at all, so it was obvious that she didn't "feel" anything. Still, it was sorta a fun experience and my present husband and I can joke that we were foretold by a psychic.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I had a crystal reading from a psychic once. Not sure what the crystals do but I rubbed them around in my hands for some reason. It was a fun thing, but I would never base any decisions or put any stock in a psychic. I was having trouble getting pregnant and my husband and I were trying for another child. I'd already been to my obstetrician and we were working on fertility plans. The psychic told me I was not pregnant and would never be pregnant again. My 4-year-old angel would like to tell her she was full of crap, because she was almost a 4 week old embryo at that point The psychic also must've seen desperation in me, because she gave me her card and insisted, feverishly, that I keep in touch.

You've got to go in to those things thinking it's entertainment, not reality, IMO.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I've never been to a psychic but from friends it seems the ones that are legitimate tend to work on referral and can sometimes take awhile to book a time with. Definitely not the flashy neon sign places lol. Anyways, there's way too many things in this world that are just unexplainable for some of us humans to not have a connection to the unknown...if that makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast