+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever been to a psychic?

MRD

Re: Anyone ever been to a psychic?

Hutchlover, that's pretty amazing. I'm glad you found someone that was good and that was also free. It's the little details like the toe thing that I think are the most convincing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm not picking on you, hutchlover, but this is how I see it in terms of cold reading:
    This woman uses the spirits around you. Let me tell you she was 100% dead on. Not generic stuff either. She took hold of my hands and immediately knew I was under lots of stress and that she saw "a box with something inside that needs to be fixed." Uh, my house
    Most people would agree that they are under stress. " "A box with something inside that needs to be fixed" could be a TV, radio, car, refrigerator, whatever. YOU supplied that it was a house.

She described my g/father to a "T"
    What was said that is unique about him that wouldn't apply to most grandfathers?

She knew I'm the boss of the house, or ruler of the roost.
    Assertive women are not uncommon, and there may well be something about your demeanor that she picked up on.
    She described an older woman who always tucks me in at night and touches my little toe. When I was almost two, my g/mother (who died when I was six), cut off the tip of my toe when trimming my nails. How would she know about that? And who would possibly even think to guess something to do with a toe? I wasn't even thinking of my g/mother (sadly, I haven't thought of her in years, because I don't remember her).
    "An older woman" could have been Granny, or it could have been your mother, an aunt, a neighbor, a babysitter . . . You supplied the information about it being Granny. The "psychic" DIDN'T know that the tip of your toe was missing--you supplied that info to reinforce the mention of your toe. And it isn't all that unusual for a person to give a baby's toe a little squeeze or wiggle, is it? Ever play "This little piggy went to market"?
    She even knew my question, that I wanted to ask: And told me the answer immediately. No hesitation
    Was it an unusual question, or generic? How do you know that she told you the right answer--from the way you worded your post, it sounds like it was a question about the future, which is not yet here.
    She knew had a big move recently, but she couldn't tell if it was career or physical or spiritual.
    A generic guess--career, physical, or spiritual move? That sounds pretty shot-gun. You supplied the information that it was a physical move, and I'd bet a donut that you told her that it was away from Ohio. Going back to Ohio could be a permanent move, a visit, a funeral, or most importantly, an Ohio State game.
    Of course, she also said I was a male in medieval England in a previous life. But heck, if she got all this other stuff right, she could be right on that, too
    Or she could be completely wrong, or maybe there is no such thing as a previous life (reincarnation isn't a big belief in Western culture.)
    In fact, she got NOTHING wrong.
    But she didn't really get anything right, either. You supplied the information, whether or not you knew it at the time.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Years ago I went to a tea leaf reading party. A bunch of us met at a friends apartment where she had the reader ensconced, and one at a time we went in for a reading. I couldnt beleive how inept this woman was. She went on and on about getting my husband to wear brown socks! It was supposed to be lucky. I was 9 months pregnant at the time, and asked about my baby. She told me that I would indeed have a baby one day. I asked about this one I was carrying right now, and she scrambled to catcher herself--she didnt know I was pregnant, which could be missed as I was not showing much, but she said it would be a boy and I would get this huge gift for it. Well, wrong wrong I had a girl and no big gift ever surfaced! I havent been to have my futre told since, although i would give it another shot.

Newf, I'm sorry that you might feel so negatively. I never supplied any information. I didn't tell her about the house until after she mentioned the box w/something inside that needs to be fixed.

And I NEVER mentioned my g/mother at all or anything about a toe.

She didn't say generic stuff like: You're married to your soul-mate, you have a long lifeline, you're going to come into some money, blah blah blah.

Oh, the question was; I've always known the date I was going to die, and I wanted to know if it could be true that humans could sense that. (Not the year, but the date.) Don't ask me how I know, but it's been with me all my life, that feeling. She not only point blank told me the question, but said that it was the date I died in my previous life, and she also told me the date. NOBODY knows that, not even my husband. I was always fearful of telling people the actual date, because I was afraid. There is no way she could've guessed that. Very few people even knew that I had this impression of a date I was going to die, it's not like I went around telling people.

I felt she was very specific. Granted, she could probably tell I was stressed by the feel of my hands, I'll give you that.

I went w/a friend and this psychic said some pretty amazing stuff about her, as well. In fact, this friend was crying afterward because she was so freaked out. I think one has to be open to the possibilities, whatever they may be.

Hutch.....that is very strange about the date of death thing. Do you, each year, get a little weirded out when that date is approaching? Do you avoid doing things on the date....just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3601151;
    Hutch.....that is very strange about the date of death thing. Do you, each year, get a little weirded out when that date is approaching? Do you avoid doing things on the date....just in case?
    Actually, I did, yeah. I was always much more careful driving and paid really close attention to my surroundings. It's just weird, I know. I've always had that date in my... soul, I guess.

Hey, at least now I don't have to watch over my shoulder every time that date comes up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3600964;
    Newf, I'm sorry that you might feel so negatively. I never supplied any information. I didn't tell her about the house until after she mentioned the box w/something inside that needs to be fixed.
    And I NEVER mentioned my g/mother at all or anything about a toe.

She didn't say generic stuff like: You're married to your soul-mate, you have a long lifeline, you're going to come into some money, blah blah blah.

Oh, the question was; I've always known the date I was going to die, and I wanted to know if it could be true that humans could sense that. (Not the year, but the date.) Don't ask me how I know, but it's been with me all my life, that feeling. She not only point blank told me the question, but said that it was the date I died in my previous life, and she also told me the date. NOBODY knows that, not even my husband. I was always fearful of telling people the actual date, because I was afraid. There is no way she could've guessed that. Very few people even knew that I had this impression of a date I was going to die, it's not like I went around telling people.

I felt she was very specific. Granted, she could probably tell I was stressed by the feel of my hands, I'll give you that.

I went w/a friend and this psychic said some pretty amazing stuff about her, as well. In fact, this friend was crying afterward because she was so freaked out. I think one has to be open to the possibilities, whatever they may be.
    That's my point.She supplied generalities, you filled in details to make it fit. She said box with something to be fixed, you took that to mean your house, but as I pointed out, it could have been anything remotely box-shaped in your life that needed repair--a car, refrigerator, etc. She said an older woman pinched your toe, you took that to mean Grandma cutting off the tip of your toe, but it could equally apply to Aunt Sally playing "this little piggy." You're giving the so-called psychic WAY too much credit.

Had I been supplied with the same reading, I could force-fit information, too. My box needing repair? I need new brakes on my van. Older woman tucking me in playing with my toes? Mom, of course. Describe Granddad to a T? Typical grandfather, except a fairly thick German accent. The woman in my life wearing the pants? Sometimes true, so I guess that's a hit! And so on and so on and so on . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

There was an amazing story on GMA about a boy that had been a fighter pilot killed in WWII in a previous life. He supplied his parents with names, dates and the type of plane he was flying when he was TWO YEARS OLD. No way he could have known that stuff. They did some research and found out that the pilot did indeed die on that date and flew that type of aircraft.
    Lots of people in Western cultures believe in reincarnation. Because it's not attributed to Christianity like it is to Hinduism, etc. is why it's not as "accepted".

I believe there is stuff that we can't explain and I keep an open mind about it. But not open so much that I allow my brains to fall out.

But I do believe that there are people that can "see" things others can't. I believe that ghosts exist (I have had my own experiences), I believe that UFO's exist (I think it's presumptious of us to think we're the ONLY people in the entire universe). I don't think that we know everything. Heck, at one time, people thought the earth was flat, and that thinking was changed by proof. Who knows, maybe one day they can prove life after death, reincarnation, psychic phenomenon and the existence of UFO's. But if someone believes this stuff and it's harmless to them, then why try to contradict them or prove them wrong? What's it hurting?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that people who try to discourage you from not thinking like them just don't have their own experiences upon which to draw. My sister is like that, never having had any experiences that she can recount. On the other hand, I have experiences that go back to my single digit years. We are as different as night and day, and I don't discuss things like this with her because she cannot even begin to relate to it. I don't discuss things like this with a lot of people, because they look at you like you're crazy. You learn to just keep some things to yourself. Most of my experiences seem to come in the form of precognitions. The thing with precogs is that you don't know it's a precognition until a bit down the road when you find yourself in the middle of what you've already seen. And it blows your mind!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been wanting to go for a while now but I would prefer to be recommended to one rather than choose 1 myself. I have no clue how to go about finding psychic that has a good "rep".
    Maybe 1 day, it would be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast