+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever been to a psychic?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Anyone ever been to a psychic?

Those 2 "Mr. Negatives" do not bother me one little bit. I also have my own experiences to draw from.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3591754;
    I had a friend a while back (yes, I actually have friends!) who was into making astrological charts. She went through a horrendous divorce (her husband left her for her best friend) and ended up into doing charts for people. She's now into yoga and meditation. She feels good about herself now, so I can't say it's a bad thing. It's just not the thing for me.
    Gee, you would have thought that the charts would have predicted the disaster, and she would have avoided marrying the schmuck
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Premium Member

I went to a minister lady who read my future, pretty much all off. . My meme read cards and tea leaves and she was always so sweet with her predictions. I miss her everyday.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I went to a tarot card reader once. She was spot on with so many details. Of course I considered it all entertainment - but it was fun to see what came true and what didn't. It was fun enough that I'd do it again. Sure wish she'd been right about those lottery numbers, tho!

I have had strange things happen to me in my life. Mainly concerning my daughter. When she was in grade school, one afternoon I suddenly got restless. I didn't really know what was wrong, just knew something wasn't right. The phone rang and it was the school. Her bus had gotten into an accident that afternoon. The kids were all fine, they were just calling because the kids would be late because they had to get another bus out there to take them all home. Another time she was an adult and I woke up in the middle of the night and knew something had happened to her. I tried calling and emailing and couldn't get a hold of her. The next day she called me and told me that she had been coming home from work very late, (around the time I woke up) and she had car trouble. She was stranded all alone on the interstate. She was able to get in touch with a friend who came and got her car started and followed her home.

So I guess I believe strange things can and do happen. I just don't think people should take psychics and tarot reading and other such stuff too seriously. There may be people out there who really are psychic, but I think there are far more who are just trying to get your money out of you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3593805;
    Gee, you would have thought that the charts would have predicted the disaster, and she would have avoided marrying the schmuck
    A lot of people marry schmucks, anyway, that they've seen with their own eyes but they usually don't turn back. A lot of "marrying schmucks", I think, has everything to do with not listening to your inner voice/instincts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3594969;
    A lot of people marry schmucks, anyway, that they've seen with their own eyes but they usually don't turn back. A lot of "marrying schmucks", I think, has everything to do with not listening to your inner voice/instincts.
    That's almost word-for-word what I was going to say! I don't know how many times I've been warned not to marry that schmuck. Did I listen? No. Did I hear a bunch of "I told you this would happen!"? So not only didn't I listen to my inner voice (well, not all of them, anyway) - I didn't listen to anyone else's voice either.

Sorry about the *threadjack*

"*extra jack*"

Why didn't I listen to my body when my hair started falling out before the wedding???

Okay, so I saw a sign for free sample readings and stopped in. It was about 15 min.

This woman uses the spirits around you. Let me tell you she was 100% dead on. Not generic stuff either. She took hold of my hands and immediately knew I was under lots of stress and that she saw "a box with something inside that needs to be fixed." Uh, my house.

She described my g/father to a "T".

She knew I'm the boss of the house, or ruler of the roost.

She described an older woman who always tucks me in at night and touches my little toe. When I was almost two, my g/mother (who died when I was six), cut off the tip of my toe when trimming my nails. How would she know about that? And who would possibly even think to guess something to do with a toe? I wasn't even thinking of my g/mother (sadly, I haven't thought of her in years, because I don't remember her).

She even knew my question, that I wanted to ask: And told me the answer immediately. No hesitation.

She knew had a big move recently, but she couldn't tell if it was career or physical or spiritual. When I told her physical she believes we'll be going back to Ohio eventually. Of course she said it would have to do w/my MIL, and that's the only part I don't believe. My MIL treats her only son like a dog and our children worse, so I'm pretty sure I would never go back home just for her.

She talked about my g/mother who recently died and how I took care of her and she became my 2nd mother because (she said) my mother died fairly young.

Of course, she also said I was a male in medieval England in a previous life. But heck, if she got all this other stuff right, she could be right on that, too.

In fact, she got NOTHING wrong.

I would definitely go back to her and pay next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3590336;

I'm with you, Newf!
    Me too--I've had that "something has happened" feeling a few times, and was right once--but wrong most times. And, when I was younger I had a few times that I convinced myself I had seen/heard things, but I now think it was youngun's nerves. Scary movies don't give me the creeps anymore, either.

I think we tend to focus on the 'hits', not the 'misses', with the 'psychic' deal. Otherwise, why try to get people to pay you for esp services--just hit the lottery or 'pick six' at the track once every couple of years.
    Besides, if you really could know that much about other people and their thoughts and futures, how could you stay sane?

I've had a couple of 'readings' when some of my friends went, and really didn't get anything other than a diversion out of it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast