+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where are you going on your summer vacation?

Re: Where are you going on your summer vacation?

Thanks, Doxie--I do like the Charleston area! This time, though, it has to be really cheap, as in "almost free"
    plus I only have 4 days off, not a whole week... it will probably wind up involving sitting in some COLD river water somewhere! I might even finally make the trip to Penzey's; if I do maybe we could get a rib somewhere!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3649072;
    I think my own vacations are lots of fun, but I have a lot of people tell me that "I can't just ride around looking at stuff--there has to be some night life", and things like that. More power to them, that means I don't have to be aggravated with constant radios, yelling kids, obnoxious teenagers and the like.
    Funny you mention this-- when people start talking about nightlife, I wonder how they find the energy for such a thing. Usually by the end of a vacation day, I'm so exhausted that all I want to do is crawl into bed, whether I've been in the sun all day or out sightseeing.

As for vacations, I'm going to South America in a few weeks. Now, the last time I was in South America, I could count on one hand the number of times I slept past 7 am (in a 16 day trip). The earliest wakeup call was I think 3:30. No wonder I don't have enough energy to go out.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 08-10-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3652739;
    Thanks, Doxie--I do like the Charleston area! This time, though, it has to be really cheap, as in "almost free"
    plus I only have 4 days off, not a whole week... it will probably wind up involving sitting in some COLD river water somewhere! I might even finally make the trip to Penzey's; if I do maybe we could get a rib somewhere!
    Here is a link to some AL State Parks that I thought you might find interesting.

Alabama State Parks

Oak Mountain is just outside of B'ham and it's beautiful. If you are thinking of camping, the sites are $12 and that is almost free! There is a lake for fishing/swimming/etc. Same site has lots of other parks listed too.

I won't be joining you for the camping but I'd love to see you if you head this way. Let me know. We're thinking of going to the beach or to Chattanooga around the end of the month but we're pretty flexible!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

hi , i plan to go to Anaheim for my summer vacation three days later , Flight + 3-night Hotel packages starting at $62* per person, per night , its so cheap , i guess i cant miss it , of course , if you want to go to other places , the list has the corresponding price , overall , the price is under the general level , i know a site offering more coupon info , here is the link : Welcome to dealstudio . just see it , you will find the surprise !

Aloha! Just got back from vacation (Maui and Hawai'i). We had a wonderful time. And, kind of surprisingly, came back home to better weather in San Diego.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen, where's the pictures? What all did you do? Come on,...spill your guts!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3660338;
    Ellen, where's the pictures? What all did you do? Come on,...spill your guts!!!!
    Soon, soon! Gotta get some stuff organized for work; surprisingly, I came home to some new referrals and clients.

But I promise to do show-and-tell soon!

FORT Regular

I'm going to Maine next week!

I just got back from Italy. I absolutely loved it. This was a trip of a lifetime. I went with my sister BIL and nephews. We still have some relatives there which we haven't seen in 40 yrs, so it was emotional as well as fun and exciting.

However, my favorite trips each year are to Ft Myers Beach Fl. I've been going there for years, and all the talk about beaches makes me miss it, even though I was just there the end of May. I too prefer secluded, quiet beaches. I could do without the nightlife, my beach vacations are to do nothing, but read books. You can always get cheap air fares to FL and I rent the same condo every year from the same lady.

The other place I love to vacation to totally relax is Cuba. There's not much shopping, there are not alot of choices there, which forces you to relax, just sit by the pool or beach and eat and read books! Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3669177;
    . . . The other place I love to vacation to totally relax is Cuba. There's not much shopping, there are not alot of choices there, which forces you to relax, just sit by the pool or beach and eat and read books! Wonderful!
    Unfortunately, our backwards, still clinging to the Red-Scare government won't let us go there just to vacation.

Pfffft -- oh yeah, but we're the best country in the world . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast