+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knee Surgery Nightmare

Knee Surgery Nightmare

Sorry, guys, I have been away from the computer for a long time. Alot of things going on with the kids. I missed you all, but right now I have to reach out to you guys once again, as I have a question about my daughter. If you recall, around Christmas time my daughter had arthroscopic (sp) surgery in her knee for a torn ligament. The doctor tells us that the knee just hasn't healed right and wants to go back in and remove all the stitches and the area where the tear is. Has anyone had this type of surgery before where they had to go in a second time? If so, can you please tell me if the second surgery was successful and how long the recovery time is that we can expect? Anyone with first hand experiences, I would appreciate any words you could offer. Thanks, ClaraBella

Sounds like not doing the second surgery would cause more healing time and pain down the road, to me.

And welcome back!

I was supposed to have that surgery done on me in 87 but my father talked me out of it, he said once they cut on your knees, they will keep cutting on them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

My sister had that done when she was 11 or 12. They only went in the one time and she never had problems again. I do remember her being really sick for several days, and on the couch for a couple of weeks. But hopefully the doctor will get it right for your daughter this time and she'll make a full recovery. Best of luck to you both!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fogey
    I have had four on the same knee. If it didn't heal right then let them do it,, scar tissue and all that in a joint is bad news. Did they say why it didn't heal right? Or was there more damage than they thought? Having knee surgery sucks and I hated it, but my last one has made my knee a lot better. I have had my cartlidge removed, my acl repaired 2x and one orthoscopic surgery then a bone tendon graph.

It will never be the same but the more I work out my surrounding muscles the better I do. Hope that helps.

The doctor just said that it did not heel right, that he wanted to go in remove the area where the stitches were and the torn part. He did say that the longer we wait the more difficult the surgery will be with scar tissues accumulating in there.

FORT Fogey
    scar tissue is a bad thing , go in quick I say. Then he can clean it up better and make is more secure and stable for future. She doesn't want to have to go back in later after more has formed!

Leo
    Premium Member
    There's nothing I can really say that would help. I just hope that whatever you decide it works out.

I had a friend who had her knee operated on at age17 and it has been fine ever since. My 75 year old aunt had her done and is a million times better. Neither had to have a redo. My mother is in need of a knee reconstruction, but does not want to take off from work for the recovery time. She is a nurse and is such a baby about anything concerning her body. She has put up with the pain for over two years as opposed to having surgery. I just can not see doing that as long as you have the option(money-wise) for the sugery.

Well wishes to your daughter and the entire family during this odd time.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Have you gotten a second opinion? That would be my first step. Before I'd let the same doctor operate again, I would have another doctor look at it.

Although, it does sound like a second surgery is the way to go.
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast