+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Mother's Day - 2009

MRD

Re: Happy Mother's Day - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3442847;
    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

I got into bed last night and once I got comfy, the dog joined us. As I tried to drift off to sleep, I heard a strange noise. It didn't last too long and then would happen again a few minutes later. Couldn't quite figure it out. I knew it was not hubby in snore mode because he was not snoring. I listened for it again and thought maybe it was the dog snoring. As I kept listening it sounded like a cross between a dog snoring, cat hissing and horse snorting! I knew my daughter's horse was NOT in my bedroom, so cancelled that thought. I knew the cat wouldn't dare be up in my room because she doesn't get along with the dog. And I knew that the dog doesn't snore! I finally figured it out.....it was my cell phone! I had put it on my dresser when I was charging the battery. It was in vibrate mode and that sound was letting me know I had a txt message! Duh! It was my older daughter who texted me at 12:01 to wish me a HMD! LOL

My kids are coming up in a little bit for dinner that hubby cooked. Hubby also made me breakfast this morning. He cut some lilacs out in the yard and put them in a vase. The scent is wonderful! He also got me some scratch-off lotto tickets. Don't know how much he spent, but all I won was a buck! LOL

We are also celebrating my baby's 18th birthday today! I can't believe she is 18! She went to Cape Cod with some friends for the weekend but will be home any minute now.

Tomorrow she and I have an appointment for mani/pedis. Well I am just getting a pedicure. I find that I have to type differently if I get nails, and I end up breaking one too quickly. So she will get her nails done. I will get my pedicure. Something I have been thinking about for far too long!

I will see my mom on Tuesday when I go up there. I bought a bunch of annuals to put in her planters. She loved the ones I planted for her last year. This weekend she and my dad went out to Syracuse to attend my niece's graduation from SU. Joe Biden was the commencement speaker. LOL Can't wait to hear how that went!
    He's probably still talking. I kid Joe, I actually don't mind him. (Ok, stole that from Bill Maher).

Sounds like a nice day and a nice week coming up for you. And happy Bday to your daughter. Mine turned 18 a month ago and I know how you feel. How did they get to be 18??? They were JUST babies a few days ago.

My day got better. Hubby is making dinner, but he made me a nice drink. A Brazilian drink with limes, don't ask me how to spell it. It's something like Caprihania. (could be one of the reasons my day got a lot better. )
    Kitchen got cleaned up and I watched a House marathon. So I'm not complaining, it's been a low key day except the whole air conditioner compresser thing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I visited Mom & Dad at the cemetary yesterday (2 years since Mom passed, and dad passed away on Mother's Day 14 years ago). Took some lilacs and a white rose. The dog went with me to keep me company on the ride.
    Today my daughter's boyfriend took us all out to dinner - that was nice. Son called - we are going up next weekend to take him to the movies (Star Trek) -he's working on his PhD and doesn't have much time. Its a 4 hour drive each way, and we have more time these days.
    We planted the lilac bush my daughter gave me. other than that, not much going on.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! I'm NOT a mom, but I appreciate all the moms who give me the privilege of tutoring their gifted, motivated, well-raised and well-behaved kids AND who refer my services to the other moms like them!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Ellen, I'm sure those moms appreciate you as well.

OK, you would have thought it was Father's day here. I did something I NEVER do. I literally sat on my butt and watched tv ALL afternoon and evening. I think I watched 5 House episodes back to back on the House marathon. And I do not feel guilty. I enjoyed it.

Well the kids came up and I got very nice gifts, but my granddaughter really took things to a different level.

She walked into the house with the most beautiful gift bag, with a lovely bow on it, and a really nice, thoughtful card. Tons of tissue paper in the gift bag. The smile on her face was precious! She couldn't wait for me to open up her gift, she was that excited. I lifted off all the tissue paper and what do I see......A box of SHAM WOW!!!!!! I cracked up! (Whenever she is over here and we are watching TV, she loves when that commercial comes on for some reason!) My son was really surprised by my reaction, but it is something corny between just my granddaughter and me!

So then she says, "Grandma, can we try it out?" I said "Sure!" My son got a glass of water and his daughter dumped it out on the kitchen floor! (I really don't know if I would have let MY kids do that when they were that age, but what the heck!) Then she got down and started patting it like that jerk does on the commercial. The she got up and squeezed it out into the sink. NEXT, she got back down on the floor and ROLLED the ShamWow, just like that guy does on TV. She was having a ball, let me tell you. And I couldn't stop cracking up! Next time she is up here, I will see if she is still enamored with this product when we actually try using it to clean something.

My daughter also got some lotto scratch offs for her bday and won $40! I told hubby that he must have put the wrong tickets in our cards! She was happy with that and also the new saddle and helmet she got to replace the ones lost when the barn burnt down a few months back!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3443427;
    . . . I did something I NEVER do. I literally sat on my butt and watched tv ALL afternoon and evening. I think I watched 5 House episodes back to back on the House marathon. And I do not feel guilty. I enjoyed it.
    Guilt is highly overrated -- that sounds like a wonderful way to spend your holiday, and I'm glad you enjoyed it fully!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3443583;
    Guilt is highly overrated -- that sounds like a wonderful way to spend your holiday, and I'm glad you enjoyed it fully!
    Well I'm paying for it now. Since I never sit that long or watch tv for that lenght of time, I can only guess that that is the culprit, but I have irritated my sciatic nerve and by the time I went to bed last night, it was hurting and it woke me up several times in the night and this morning I'm limping around in awful pain. There is a reason I don't sit around in front of the tv like that, but I didn't think this was the reason.

MamaC, that is too funny and what a great gift (not just the shamwow, but the whole time with your granddaughter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12