+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Landlord/Tenant question

Re: Landlord/Tenant question

Oh no, hutchlover! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you.

After these last tenants moved out, we decided that we'd had it with renting this house and have put it on the market. I know that having a rental is a good investment, but it can be such a pain in the a$$. We have 2 rental homes, and I think that 1 is more than enough. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will sell relatively quickly.

If you get a good, long-term tenant - it's super easy. Our first tenant was there for 3 years (she was an older woman doing her PHD at a nearby university and told us up front that she planned to stay there the whole time). She was a dream, but the last 2 tenants have been more problematic. You really have to have the right personality/business sense to enjoy being a landlord.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3514600;
    I found out from my step-dad yesterday that they broke the original toilet seat (which was practically new), repolaced it and now have broken that one. How do you break two toilet seats in one year?!

Lard butt?

Or maybe that kitty that was alone in the apartment was doing jumping jacks on the toilet.....or someone was dancing on the toilet. I know I used to stand on the toilet that faced the bathroom mirror to try and see if the shoes I was wearing looked ok or completely hideous.

(And lest anyone get offended by the lard butt comment...I'm a bit of a chunker myself, NO OFFENSE INTENDED!!)
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

FoRTer

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3525613;
    the toilet that faced the bathroom mirror
    that might be more than I could handle

as long as you're smiling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3525613;
    I know I used to stand on the toilet that faced the bathroom mirror to try and see if the shoes I was wearing looked ok or completely hideous.
    Oh no no no no no.... I don't look in mirrors now, least when I am on the W.C. --no no no no no.....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guess it comes from a habit of letting the toilet seat slam dow when the guy has finished using it. You know
    how poorly made things can be these days. Oh wait......you say that guys don't put the seat down?.... I forgot! That will get you seriously talked about in my house!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I put the seat down... Actually I sit.. TMI.... bye

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3526147;
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I have worked in property management for the better part of 11 years. You would not believe the people I have come across...lol

We actually always replaced the toilet seats when someone moved out, because we found it to just be one of those "weird" things that cleaning just didn't fix. Most people, even the ones that ask if they can repaint, won't. And the agreement we always make with everyone, and then type and have everyone sign as an addendum to the lease states that if the apartment is not returned to its original color paint when they move out, they will be charged for it to be done. (We even will supply them with the paint to repaint it themselves, but only 1 person ever took us up on this offer.)

I could go on and on with the things I have encountered, but if I can be of any help to anyone, let me know.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3526147;
    ::backing out and closing door::
    Okaaayyy . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread