+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Landlord/Tenant question

Re: Landlord/Tenant question

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3487268;
    I am having an issue right now with the woman who lives above me. The apartment building is just two stories and is very private and quiet. Most of the time, that is. The woman above me stomps and drops stuff constantly (seriously, it sounds like she drops bowling balls just for kicks!)... and by constantly I mean everywhere she goes she stomps like an elephant wearing high heels for the first time. I have tried leaving her notes asking if she could try to keep it lighter but she hasn't. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. If it were during the day or something I wouldn't mind as much but her stomping wakes me up at 1 or 2 am several times a week! Is this an issue that I am able to talk with my landlord about or will they just think I'm being whiny?
    You know whenever I used to live on lower floors in apartment buildings, I always felt the upstairs neighbors were the noisiest.
    The problem is that most construction is very poor. It is not built to withstand noise.
    In fact, several years ago, a neighbor beneath me complained of the excessive noise we had made. And, the noise she complained about was made by the cat as we were on vacation and not home at the time she was complaining about.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Maybe you could offer to buy her an inexpensive area rug....

calilily she may not know she is being loud.
    My son and I lived in a downstairs apt. the people upstairs had a Chow that they would throw a ball for at night, keeping my son up. One night, the lady brought back a book I had loaned her and she heard her husband and the dog upstairs. She couldn't believe how loud they were and soon the noise got better. Maybe your neighbor needs to hear how loud she is....

Thanks. I finally talked to my apt. manager about it and she told me that the person who lived here before me actually moved because of the noise. Things have gotten a little better now but I still hear her 'drop a bowling ball' every now and again. I guess its something to either get used to or don't live in apartments anymore
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3487359;
    the noise she complained about was made by the cat as we were on vacation and not home at the time she was complaining about.
    Too funny! I'm envisioning your cat doing jumping jacks and running around just to cause trouble!

Seriously, though, years ago I had several neighbors who were fighting all the time (couples). They are the worst. Call the police and when they kiss and make up you are the bad guy. I put up with it a lot before I was able to move.

Home owners have problems, too. Friends of mine bought a great house in a very nice neighborhood a few years ago. They soon found out their neighbors were motorcycle enthusiasts and not very nice people. They said the noise has been terrible. People congregating late at night and early in the morning. Ugh.

I've been lucky for the last few years. My neighbors are quiet and we don't bother each other - actually don't see each other much.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3487359;
    You know whenever I used to live on lower floors in apartment buildings, I always felt the upstairs neighbors were the noisiest.
    The problem is that most construction is very poor. It is not built to withstand noise.
    In fact, several years ago, a neighbor beneath me complained of the excessive noise we had made. And, the noise she complained about was made by the cat as we were on vacation and not home at the time she was complaining about.
    Be careful - I once got evicted from an apartment for the noise. Seems my cat had taken up bowling and was preparing to go pro. Jokes on them - my cat has paid for my huge estate!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3508691;
    Be careful - I once got evicted from an apartment for the noise. Seems my cat had taken up bowling and was preparing to go pro. Jokes on them - my cat has paid for my huge estate!

ROFLMAO
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Yeah with houses, we had motorcycle neighbors, now I have the annoying drunk neighbor, but I think my stategy of not answering the door has worked as it's been almost 2 weeks since he's been over.

I have a friend that lives in a converted textile mill that is now lofts. The thing is HUGE, with long, long corridors and each unit is huge. Her neighnor upstairs skateboards in the apartment. You can hear the wheels rolling. And many of the residents skate or skateboard down the corridors to get out. Would drive me ape poop crazy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Reading this thread reminds me of how glad I am that we live in the country, at least a mile away from our nearest neighbor.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

We moved last year into a condo (2 units connected in the middle) and have been waiting to get our new neighbor. We have a Harley, but it is a touring bike and we are pretty considerate - but you never know....

Our new neighbor is moving in this weekend. We met him when he rode up on his Harley! YAY! And he likes dogs (another good thing, as ours is our little furkid). And Dozer liked him. He seems very nice and I think we are all going to be happy back here at the end of the cul-de-sac.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread