+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outlet Shopping

Outlet Shopping

Hi everyone! I am in need of some advice and suggestions.

I was wondering where the best Outlet malls are in the US. I've been to the ones in LV. They were really good and would definitely go back, but I was wondering if there are any other ones that are good/great. It doesn't matter where they are located. As long as they're in North America .

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions. I am going to be hitting a pretty big birthday number and with the past year I had... I'm getting a very big birthday treat!

I just have no idea where I want to spend my time shopping. I'm not opposed to "regular" malls, but I'd love to get more bang for my buck!

Thanks.

Re: Outlet Shopping

It's been my experience that outlets are no longer very outlet-y -- these days it seems like they're no longer the place you can get a really good deal on an out-of-season or slightly damaged item, but more just regular stores.

That said, Gatlinburg, TN has several large outlet malls, and is probably my favorite. Potomac Mills, in Virginia about 20 miles south of DC, is a large outlet mall, and Williamsburg VA also has a couple of outlet malls.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I've heard that. But where I live, clothing is extremely expensive. Even with the conversion, it's still cheaper for me to shop in the states. Even cheaper at Outlets. Plus there are a lot of stores that we simply don't have!

I hadn't even thought of the places you've mentioned. I was too busy thinking, Las Vegas, California, etc! I will have to check those out.

There's a nice outlet center in King of Prussia, PA, which is very close Philadelphia. You could hit that one and then head south to the outlets in Virginia.

I was going to suggest Gatlinburg, also Foley Alabama. There used to be several outlet malls at Branson Missouri but I haven't been there in a while so don't know about now. I think there's one in Florida called Saw Grass Mills, or something close to that. There's one in Texas down close to Austin, Waco or there abouts. There's one close to me at Tunica Mississippi but it isn't very large. Same with the one at Sikeston Missouri. There is one at Osage Beach Missouri but I've not ben there.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3327536;
    I was going to suggest Gatlinburg, also Foley Alabama. There used to be several outlet malls at Branson Missouri but I haven't been there in a while so don't know about now. I think there's one in Florida called Saw Grass Mills, or something close to that. There's one in Texas down close to Austin, Waco or there abouts. There's one close to me at Tunica Mississippi but it isn't very large. Same with the one at Sikeston Missouri. There is one at Osage Beach Missouri but I've not ben there.
    South / or just north of Waco is Outlets at Hillsboro - Outlets at Hillsboro

Near Austin (15 miles) in Round Rock is a new one - Round Rock Premium Oulet Round Rock Premium Outlets

Then south of Austin (30 miles) in San Marcos - Tanger Center and Prime Outlets Hotel near Tanger Outlet Stores Shopping, San Marcos -

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3327780;
    South / or just north of Waco is Outlets at Hillsboro - Outlets at Hillsboro

Near Austin (15 miles) in Round Rock is a new one - Round Rock Premium Oulet Round Rock Premium Outlets

Then south of Austin (30 miles) in San Marcos - Tanger Center and Prime Outlets Hotel near Tanger Outlet Stores Shopping, San Marcos -
    The San Marcos one sounds familiar. I just know that when we're traveling and I see a billboard about an outlet mall I direct him how to get there, and we do.
    Last edited by Muduh; 02-17-2009 at 06:57 PM.

We've been talking about making another trip up that way and now that I've read the list of stores I'm anxious to hit the road.

oh SHOPPING! I glanced at the thread title and saw Outlet SHOOTING, thinking someone went wack a doo at some outlet mall....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast