+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outlet Shopping

Re: Outlet Shopping

But consider this: if you outlet-shop in the San Diego area, you get the San Diego weather!
    (Sunny and 70ºs F, anyone?)

AND -- multiple Trader Joe's!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3333417;
    But consider this: if you outlet-shop in the San Diego area, you get the San Diego weather!
    (Sunny and 70šs F, anyone?)

AND -- multiple Trader Joe's!!!
    You can't beat the weather!! And of course Trader Joe's is a MUST!
    I was at the Carlsbad Company Stores a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have any luck with great prices at the Dooney & Bourke store. Hubby came away happy with his Polo purchases!
    In the LA area you have Camarillo Premium Outlets (just north of LA), Citadal Outlets (just south of LA), Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon (east of LA).
    Then you have a half a dozen regular malls in between each of the outlet malls.
    If you are going to shop California you will need to hurry before the sales tax sky rockets!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3332718;
    I was looking at going to WEM originally, but everyone I've talked to said it's pretty expensive. Is that still the case?
    Definitely. Of course it depends on where you shop - places like lululemon and Sephora pretty much never have sales, but there's lots of good buys at H&M, for instance. I personally prefer South Common - besides all the outlet clothing like Hilfiger, La Senza (the La Senza Girl section is particularly good, I get tons of stuff for my daughters there), Mexx, etc., you get Ikea and the country's biggest Future Shop. It's my favourite place to shop...when I can afford it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I like the Aurora Premium Outlet Mall in Aurora, IL. This is pretty much a far suburb of Chicago with great stores, but it's an outdoor mall. Brrr! I only go there from spring to fall. The other choice in my area would be Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL. This one is really huge and the best part is it's indoors.

In general even regular stores have great deals going and lots of sales lately. I've been to the Mall of America in Minneapolis before and for regular, non-outlet shopping, that's one monstrously big place with lots to offer, even an indoor amusement park.

Premium Member

My favorite outlet mall is Prime Outlets in Castle Rock, CO between Denver and Colorado Springs. I swear every time I go out there they have added more stores.

I'm also with MsFroggy on the Mall of America. It's fabulous, but you need at least a couple of days to really take it all in because it's so big!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3342231;
    I like the Aurora Premium Outlet Mall in Aurora, IL. . .
    Aurora -- as in home of "Wayne's World"? I imagine, then, that the Outlet has an outstanding array of baseball caps and vintage Queen CDs.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3327265;
    Hi everyone! I am in need of some advice and suggestions.

I was wondering where the best Outlet malls are in the US. I've been to the ones in LV. They were really good and would definitely go back, but I was wondering if there are any other ones that are good/great. It doesn't matter where they are located. As long as they're in North America .

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions. I am going to be hitting a pretty big birthday number and with the past year I had... I'm getting a very big birthday treat!

I just have no idea where I want to spend my time shopping. I'm not opposed to "regular" malls, but I'd love to get more bang for my buck!

Thanks.
    They have a good one in Gonzales Louisiana

I really love the outlet mall in Branson, MO.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I live in the DC area. I saw a PP mention Potomac Mills. There are SOME good deals at PM but mostly it's just a regular mall. Lancaster, PA and Reading, PA have some great outlet stores in the area. I highly recommend them. Also, down in NC in the Smithfield area is the Carolina Premium Outlets. I meet my son's dad in Fayetteville, NC when DS goes down to FL for long visits and always stop at the CPO's on my way through. They have some high end stores with great deals.

Thank you all so much for your outlet mall/shopping advice.. I think we've decided on going back to Vegas this summer. When I'm done my Masters.. my entire family (us 3, my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and two cousins) are all going to Disneyworld.. So I'll definitely be doing some shopping then, there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast