+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Breast Reduction, Seriously

MRD

Re: Breast Reduction, Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3309272;
    I've had 3 babies and 2 kidney stones and I have to say that childbirth is no match for the pain of a kidney stone. And with one you get a baby, the other all you get is a stupid rock, and I didn't even get to keep that!
    I've had one kidney stone and yep, you're right, worse than childbirth and nothing to keep afterwards.
    I feel for you having had 2.

Elizabeth, the surgery can't be as bad as a kidney stone plus you are going to look so good afterwards. Just keep thinking about the after part.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days - modem down at home and boss on the prowl at work!

I've been talking to a few people that have had the procedure and they all say it's definitely worth it in the end. My 20 year old daughter was a 9 pound, 3 oz. baby with a head 21 inches around. --21 inches.-- Can we all say "episiotomy"? I thought nothing in this world could ever be as painful as delivering her, so we will see. Luckily, I have never had a kidney stone, but I have heard that it is the absolute worst pain ever.

Lil Bit, your post reminds me of the Charlie Brown Halloween classic: all the others get candy and goodies in their bag and Charlie Brown is all glum with his "I got a rock".

I'm kind of getting excited now and looking forward to it. I probably won't have much more to say about the whole thing until the actual procedure, but again, I want to thank everyone who has commented and passed along their two cents. I appreciate you ALL!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

MRD

21 inches???

I to you.

Well this surgery should be a piece of cake then.

Let us know when it's approaching so we can shower you with good wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ElizabethG - My oldest son was 9 lbs. 4 oz and a 22 inch head, but he was my easiest delivery. Two pushes and he was out. I always said that he put his feet on my ribs and dove!!

Those are some big heads. When I was young and thin my waist was barely bigger than those kids' noggins. Bless both of your ... hips.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Well, don't they always say that size doesn't matter?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3296684;
    This is kind of personal, but we're kind of like family, so here goes:

I have questions for those of you that have had or have thought about having a breast reduction. Although I know that technically men can have this sort of surgery, I'm really aiming this towards women. Sorry!

I am thinking about having a reduction done and have even scheduled a consultation appointment with a plastic surgeon's office for next week. Just about everyone I have spoken to around here so far knows someone who has had a reduction and absolutely loves it. Nothing about the actual procedure or pain, complications or scarring. What sort of questions should I be asking the surgeon during a consultation? Will he take measurements at that initial meeting or just ask me to lift my shirt? (I'm not shy about showing anything to a doctor, so I'll strip naked if need be.) What kind of recovery time would I be looking at? What kind of special bras or clothing would I need to wear during or after surgery? What should I be prepared for after the surgery?

I have read a little bit about the surgeon on-line and seen some before and after photos of his patients, they look much, much better in the after shots. He is board certified and has been doing this for at least 15-20 years.

If I haven't freaked or grossed anybody out and you have some wisdom to impart or advice to offer, please let me know. I appreciate it very much. You guys are the best!
    Wife had one a few years back, worth it for you if its causing pain.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3321404;
    Those are some big heads. When I was young and thin my waist was barely bigger than those kids' noggins. Bless both of your ... hips.
    Funny thing is, I really don't have big hips. Before I got pregnant way back when, I used to prefer men's Levi's because they were snugger through the hips - jeans for women were all loose in the hip area. I still have no rear to speak of, but do have "love handles". I'm pretty much a classic apple shape, only it's kind of a squishy apple. With grandma boobies.

One month and 4 days until surgery.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234