+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breast Reduction, Seriously

Re: Breast Reduction, Seriously

Good luck Elizabeth. Tummy tucks are huge OWWIIES!!!! My g/f was going to have one done but they said it would be like when she had her c-section but worse and she was in so much pain for that she opted to not go through with it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Good Luck, Elizabeth!!! I hope your results will be everything you hoped they would be.

I've always considered the possibility of breast reduction surgery, but I don't have any neck or back pain yet. And I'm a total sissy about doctors and such, so I think it would take actual pain to get me to do it.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm glad your consult went well ... keep us posted!

I've also heard that tummy tucks are very painful too, but a woman that I used to work with had it done about a year ago and she said there was not much pain at all. I think if I could afford it, I would do it despite any possible pain because I have so much excess skin after losing a lot of weight several years ago.

ETA: BTW ElizabethG Good luck with your surgery. I'm so glad that your husband is supportive.

MRD

Elizabeth, I'm so glad it went well and you have it all scheduled. Just think how great you'll look for Summer!!!!

I want a tummy tuck very, very badly. AFter losing 150 pounds, I have more than a bit of an "apron" and I want it gone. I don't worry about the pain becuase I can't feel anything in that area since my c-section 18 years ago.

Well you are going to do great and I'm sure you are very excited about the changes.

And we're here for you when you are recuperating.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I would be too chicken to ever have plastic surgery, I think. I had gallbladder surgery this year and it scared the crap out of me.

Still, some surgeries really do improve the quality of life for people, like breast reduction. Good luck, Elizabeth. Best wishes for coming out healthier and happier on the other side.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD

I dislike having surgery (and I've had several for various needed things and one elective) but I love anethesia! (actually, it's that stuff they give you before the anethesia that's so good. )

I have to say that having gastric bypass surgery really did improve my quality of life and of course the gallbladder and hernia surgeries and a couple others I had to have improved my quality of life quite a bit as they got rid of the massive pain I was in beforehand.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm excited for you Elizabeth! I'm glad that the consult went well and that you're feeling good about the surgery. It would be lovely to see some after pictures (when you've recovered) with your smiling face and "boo to the naysayers" attitude! I refuse to believe that anything is more painful than childbirth so I think you'll be just fine with your surgeries.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I've had 3 babies and 2 kidney stones and I have to say that childbirth is no match for the pain of a kidney stone. And with one you get a baby, the other all you get is a stupid rock, and I didn't even get to keep that!

Elizabeth,

Again my heartfelt best wishes to you. As I've said before, all the ones I know who've done it have been so much happier and just wish they had done it sooner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast