+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

I went to Bonita Springs, FL (between Naples and Ft. Myers) and I arrived the day before Hurricane Charlie hit. What an experience, and a horrible vacation. I planned on going down there and just playing lots of golf, and laying on the beach alot. None of which I got to do....

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    , mickey was grabbing my ass. not bufuing it!
    Sher, that pic made me look twice...to think Tigger was in a lawsuit for grabbing a girl...

I traveled to LA for 8 days in March stopping at Disneyland and then on to a cruise to the baja of Mexico with my children.

Over 4th of July, I will be heading to Puerto Vallarta. Uno mas cervesa por favor!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I hadn't been on vacation for a while til recently...I travel to my moms in Harrisburg, PA but those aren't really vacations (btw-I have been to Hershey more times than I can count....the outlets there and in Lancaster are to die for!)

Just got back on Sat from a weeklong stay in Massillon, OH visiting family. The weather was beautiful!! We went into Cleveland for a couple of the days, went to the TowerCity Mall, Hard Rock Cafe, took a tour of Jacob's field, and did the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame (I LOVED IT!!!) That city was very gorgeous, I must say. Other fam went to the Football Hall of Fame, Id been there before and wasnt real interested in going again.

Hubby and I are hoping to take a honeymoon on or 5th anniv. since we havent gotten one yet. It'll depend on whether or not we have a kid by then (we are actively trying to conceive :p ) Id love to go to Europe (I have a French degree), a cruise, or an all inclusive thing. He wants to go to Aspen, I have no idea why. We still have a while to decide tho, we're only coming up on our 1st anniv.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    We went to Wilmington, North Carolina a couple of weeks ago and I spent a glorious week doing absolutely nothing while mr. gracie went fishing or golfing every day. I really enjoyed the whole week.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Just taking it easy and doing nothing are sometimes the best vacations.

Wow! Those pictures look awesome, queenb.

Last year I went to Playa del Carmen, and that was truly remarkable. I really enjoyed the people and the atmosphere.

This past January, I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas), . This was my first cruise, and I found it to be fun, although, you don't get enough time to do all the things you want on each island. We always felt rushed.

The Columbia Gorge rocks. Great pics queenb. Did you drive along the old highway?

My last real vacation was in New Orleans last year. I've gone on a few weekend trips to LA since, but those don't really count. I'm not sure when my next real vacation will be, with this upcoming move to New York and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    The Columbia Gorge rocks. Great pics queenb. Did you drive along the old highway?
    Yes, I went on the Histroic Gorge Highway everywhere I was able; I loved the way it was narrow and just fit into the wall of the gorge and also the old stone guardrails that are still on part of it. I also checked out Herman the Sturgeon at the Bonneville hatchery-- he's huge! Oh, and of course I took pics of the Vista House--which I later heard some folks in Troutdale call the "Million Dollar Restroom" Of course the whole Oregon coast is super-impressive.
    I enjoyed this trip immensely, and I didn't even mind all the rain. I'm getting where I can't stand too much sun anyway, so I was glad to see the clouds, truth be known, never mind how cool the mist and clouds looked on the drive over to Tillamook.

Sleepysluggo-- if you'r moving to New York, won't it be kinda like a vacation every time you have a spare day off, at least for a while? Make it be!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    *mini thread jack*

I am planning a trip to Italy in November and was curious if anyone had been and if so, what recommendations you might have for "must see" sites since there's so many of them.

Not into the trendy and touristy stuff or group tours...much prefer the off-the-beaten path and local secret treasure stuff. (You know, let it unfold as it may and get out of the crowds....) I especially love taking in old, historic buildings and the breath taking beauty of nature (mountains, waterfalls, rolling hills, etc.)

If anyone has been, I would very much appreciate the info here or you can PM me. Thanks!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I just got back from Amsterdam where I was over the weekend. We were a running club going, so 50 people in total, everbody ran something, marathon, half marathon or, like me, 10 km.

We also had time to explore the city, it was very eautiful, many canals and a very unique style of the buildings. However I was a bit uncomfortable walking through the Red Light District, coffeeshops with people smoking hasch and, the most uncomfortable part, brothels with the prositutes standing behind glass doors. It is accepted in Amsterdam but it still felt very wrong. It was an experience of the city maybe not the greatest feeling, but it is part of that city.

+ Reply to Thread