+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

I was gonna say, Molly, it's nice that YOU get to travel the country to check out schools for your daughter

And an almost-free trip to Hawaii is extra-nice. It's a place i'd like to go to before too long.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Oh, I forgot to add. Bill, after seeing the picture of your Hawaii vacation, can I go on vacation with you next time? I'm a horrible golfer, but I could be your caddy!

I went to Maui in August. We stayed in Kaanapali. Last year we (me, sister, two grown sons, daughter-in-law and two grandkids) went there and my son surprised my daughter-in-law by renewing their vows at the Grand Wailea. It was so lovely and she was totally surprised. I had arranged the minister and all over the internet.

This year we went back to Kaanapali because we had loved it so and will go again this coming August. Afraid to try it the year before, I took the plunge (literally) and learned to snorkle. Awesome!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome, Punkin! And welcome to the site!

Originally posted by Wayner
    Oh, I forgot to add. Bill, after seeing the picture of your Hawaii vacation, can I go on vacation with you next time? I'm a horrible golfer, but I could be your caddy!
    Sure thing Wayner!

Just bring along the baby... could come in handy walking the beach with a newborn...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Within the last year, I've actually got to go on several trips.

Me, my 12 year old son and my mom went to Washington DC in April-had a blast but walked ourselves to death almost!

I went on a Carnival cruise out of New Orleans and we went to Cancun and Cozumel. First time on a cruise and I enjoyed it. It wasn't their fanciest of ships but it was still fun.

Also, went to Cancun again and stayed at a all-inclusive resort (Moon Palace). I have decided that all-inclusive is the way to go next time. You don't have to worry about anything-you just sit back and relax...eat when you want, however much you want.....ahhh...that's the life!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 06-13-2005 at 02:13 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I went to Tobago for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary this January and I can honestly say that it's the best vacation I've ever been on. BEAUTIFUL scenery, nice weather (although it was on the humid side), incredibly nice people, yummy food (I put on two lbs in a week, mainly because of the delicious breakfast buffet) and just a friendly, relaxing environment. I spent most of my time reading on the beach, but we did go to the rainforest one day and also went scuba-diving. I'd recommend Tobago to anyone who wants to enjoy a relaxing vacation in a tropical, gorgeous environment. The trip took me hours and hours, living in Sweden, but the Caribbean isn't that far from most of you guys, so check it out!

Here is a somewhat blurry picture of the beach where I spent most of my time reading and having Piņa Coladas:

"There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I went to Vegas a few times on vacation this year and Oregon to see my nephew.

Vegas is always fun. I liked my first trip this year because I was pampered and who doesn't like that? The second trip it was showing a friend from Italy all around Vegas in one day and one night and that was brutal but I got my Margartia by the Yard so I was okay.

Oregon was nice because it was great to see my first ever nephew. I saw him when he was 4 weeks old and now he is 4 months old.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

My last vacation was in August. Me and my boyfriend went to London to visit a friend. I'd been to London twice before that but as a real tourist. This time we stayed with our friend and hung out with his friend, getting to know some people of London and not just tourists. Of course we did some tourist-y things as well, but it was fun to see the real side of London, meeting real people.

Next vacation will probably be the one we're planning in October to Dublin (I'm excited, I've never been to Ireland)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Puerto Vallarta - in March. All-inclusive is definitely the way to go. I'd rather do that than a cruise. I like flying to one spot and staying there - but that's just my personal opinion. Gorgeous beaches and lots of shopping.

+ Reply to Thread