+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

My last vacation was at the Grand Wailea Resort in Maui.

I love this place, and have been there quite a few times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Never been to Hawaii, but I hope to go one of these days. Maybe we'll hold a FORTcon there

End of April is the best for Florida. It could go either way, a little cool or a little hot, but the water's at a perfect temperature, and it's not going to be unbearable either way. That's when we always went there on vacation - the last 2 weeks of April.

Plus, if you're going to the theme parks, the winter snowbird migration is done by then.

Two years ago, I also went to Orlando in July. It wasn't that bad. Being from Texas where July and August can soar up to the 100+ degrees, I'm set to handle any type of hot weather.

FORT Fogey
    Bill, Love Hawaii,, I can't get enough of it! I think a Fort convention at Maui or The Big Island would definately be in order!!!

We went to Maui in July. I just loved it. It was so beautiful & the weather was perfect ~ all the humidity would burn off by mid-morning, & the temperatures during the day & evening were just gorgeous! It was the best vacation I've ever been on! I hope one day I'll be able to go back!
    We usually just go to Mexico (close & cheap) or Florida (relatives).
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

We went to London and Paris at the end of October this year and spent 2 weeks in London and another week in Paris. London was wet and cold, but Paris was even colder! We were literally freezing (don't worry, we brought thick enough winter coats). We did a whole load of shopping and sightseeing and had tons of fun, especially in Disneyland. Love the Rock 'n' Roller coaster featuring Aerosmith. Even better than Space Mountain, I say. This is the first time I've gone on holiday so far away from home. Most years, we go to Singapore (shopping haven!!) or Australia.

I'll agree with John...April is one of the best times to visit Florida. The other is October, early in the month if you prefer it warmer, later in the month if you like it a little bit cooler. Just don't too many of y'all come to visit those times tho cause that's when I like to make my yearly trips out to the parks and have some fun while the kids are still in school and we haven't been hit too bad by tourist season yet.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by libra1022

I'm excited but scared....I've only been on a plane once in my life and that was when I was 9-10 years old, anyone have advice for how to not get too nervous for the flight up there??
    Libra, you are going to love landing in Orlando, tough turbulance there. I remember landing one time and the lady across the isle was terrified. I leaned over and told her not to worry, this was the part of the road they were still waiting to re-pave, that calmed her down abit.

My last vacation(s) were in late Aug, mega class reunion back to D.C. had a great time. and then labor day in Denver. for a friends wedding. found a great radio station for the internet. KBPI.COM listen to it all day at work here. Really liked the denver area, the wedding was out by shaffers crossing, what a beautiful drive it was going out there. great scenery.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Well, with the last two years dedicated to starting a family, it has been a looooong time since my wife and I had a vacation. In July of 2000 we took an Alaskan cruise on the Celebrity Mercury. We left from Vancouver and did a round trip that included stops in Juneau, Haines, Skagway, and Ketchikan. It was fabulous. I went on a helecopter ride onto Mendenhal Glacier, when Salmon fishing in Ketchikan. My wife took a seaplane ride over Misty Fjord (I wish I'd done that instead of fishing) and flew low enough over and orca to see it's eyes - and saw a mother bear and her cubs on an island - very cool. Oh, and Robert Conrad and his family were on her plane, which only sat about 8 people. Apparently YOUNG Mrs. Conrad was very nice, but Bob has a pretty big attitude. We took a jet boat ride to the (sp?) Tlikute Bald Eagle Preserve, where our guide through herring into the water and the eagles would dive into the river just feet away from our boat and take it back to their next - awesome. The landscape and scenery was amazing, and the weather was sunny for us 5 of the 7 days! Food on the cruise was fantastic.

I'd love to do it again.

I was lucky enough to take several vacations last year:

March: Caribbean cruise with the family (we had this planned for 10 years since two of the kidlets are graduating HS this spring, we figured it might be our last family trip)

May: Phoenix to see niece and check out ASU and NAU for daughter

June: Hawaii trip with girlfriends (I volunteered to be bumped on our flight back from the cruise, so Delta gave me $750 toward future tickets + friend HAS to go to Hawaii every 6 weeks for work, so I stayed in her room = almost free trip to Hawaii!)

July: Seattle to see best friend (anyone been to Teatro Zinzanni?) and to check out UW and UPS for daughter

August: Austin, TX to visit family and check out UT for daughter.

Those college visits were a great excuse to take fun trips!

+ Reply to Thread