+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

My last vacation? I took the whole week of Christmas off to stay home with my little 2 year old (& 2 months) princess. She is growing up so fast. She's potty trained & can feed herself & loves being read to & loves to color & learns a new word almost every day &...&...&...we had the most amazing time together. I hated seeing her go back to day care. Wish I could afford to be a stay at home dad.

Aww Jodaar, that has to be one of the sweetest posts I've ever read. Granted, I've always had a soft spot for "involved" dads. It's really sweet, with so many deadbeat parents out there. Sounds like you had an amazing week.

I throw my kid some fish heads every once in a while down the cellar stairs.

Oh wait, I don't have kids. Darn it.

CB, one of my wish list items is to take a couple months and just drive the country. Sounds like you had fun.

My last vacation was a year and a half in Florida My next vacation will be up to Traverse City, Michigan for a long weekend.

LG.
    Oh come on John, I know that you're dying to make a pilgrimage to the Mall of America here in Minnesota. Shopping in a huge mall is so "you".

now, how to get the "fish heads" song out of my head.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I make my kids bob for fish heads
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

MenInUniform
    This year my friends and I drove down to Orlando, Fl. to meet another friend that lives near there. We went in July so it was very, very HOT. I think that was the BEST vacation I've had in so many years, even though I got hurt when we went bowling. LOL Yeah, it was pretty funny when my foot stuck to the floor in the middle of my slide and I hit the floor, went across the line, the buzzer went off and I pulled muscles in both my arms (not good when you have to drive home the next day). We were all laughing our butts off but the next day (actually for a couple months) I couldn't lift my left arm too high because of the pulled muscles. I am now officially terrified of bowling. LMAO. My friends said that when I was falling I looked like I was going in slow motion. LOL I told them that it didn't feel like it. LOL I still laugh today about it. It really was funny, just not the pain. LMAO

We went to Universal's Islands of Adventure and had a GREAT time, even with the heat index of 120*

dar

Oh, and on Aug. 1st I flew to L.A. to meet British Pop Group BBMak at an instudio at KIIS-FM on Aug. 2nd. Then went to the Palace in Hollywood for Club KIIS on Aug 3rd (my friends and I were put on the DJ's guest list so we didn't have to pay cover charges. We've become friends with him.) We flew home the morning of Aug. 4th.

I make my kids find their own damn fish heads. I'm not their slave.

Well, I would if I had kids.

*is leading a barren, childless existence and is proud*

Fish heads, fish heads
    rolly polly fish heads
    fish heads, fish heads
    eat them up yum!!!

Barnes & Barnes

one of which is Billy Mumy of Lost in Space fame who now has a new band with Miguel Ferrer of Crossing Jordan fame as singer.
    Just some more useless trivia that clutters my cranial attic.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

MIU, you went to Orlando in JULY? What the heck were you thinking? That kind of temperature change could kill a person.

Actually, August was worse this year in Florida. That's when I had to load up the moving truck. It was hotter 'n hell.

MenInUniform
    Originally posted by John
    MIU, you went to Orlando in JULY? What the heck were you thinking? That kind of temperature change could kill a person.

Actually, August was worse this year in Florida. That's when I had to load up the moving truck. It was hotter 'n hell.
    yeah, I went in July. I don't know what the western part of Michigan gets like in the summer but we get summers just like that here. (maybe not It was hotter than hell here in Detroit this summer. I was actually sick from it.as hot but pretty darn close. My fall vacations are strictly to work in the yard because it's so much cooler to do that kind of stuff. This was the 2nd time I went to Fl. EVER in my life and the 1st time was at the end of July/beginning of August and that was even worst than this trip was. Then I told myself I'd never go back to Fl but I met new friends this year and we all wanted to meet and hang out and have a good time, unfortunately, they all live in different states. We decided to go to Fl because she couldn't come up here. The others live in Indiana (1 in the south and 1 in the north). My friend in Fl. and her family raised Llamas. They are the 1st people I ever met that raised llamas. LOL

+ Reply to Thread