+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

Eny, I think that's cool that you guys did that. You hadn't been out west before and we've never been out east. The closest I've been to staying in Toronto is when I had a four hour layover in the Pearson airport. They are mean bastards there, and there's this pre-recorded message that goes on about how the staff is friendly and willing to help. Around hour 3 that stupid lie started to go off again and someone on staff shut it off. HA.
    Last edited by duckgirl; 10-06-2002 at 10:24 PM.

My last vacation was to Florida last summer. It POURED the first 3 whole days. After that the weather was really cool though, so it turned out all right in the end. I was on a mission trip thing, so I didn't even get to go to Disney World? Can you believe I've never been there? I always say that's where I'm going on my honeymoon.

Busch Gardens in Tampa is better than Disney, I think. Although Sea World is nice.

I just spent almost 2 years in Florida (came back to Michigan in August)...The weather's nice, once you get used to "hot".

We spent Christmas at Disneyworld 2 years ago.It was 80 the first day there then the temperature dropped 40 degrees overnight.The rest over the week it never got over 40 and rained most of the time.The natives said it was the coldest weather they had had in 30 years.

Just my luck.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

I remember that Christmas 2 years ago TVJ!! I was supposed to head out to Disney's Pleasure Island for New Year's but cancelled cause there was no way in heck my butt was gonna go out in that weather!! (I'm definitely a born and raised Floridian, anything under 50 degrees and I'm a complete popsicle)

My last vacation that I didn't spend moving was a trip up to Pennsylvania for my friend's wedding, and the year before that was to West Virginia to visit an old friend of mine. Both of these trips were really neat for me cause they were my first long trips by myself that I drove to my destination. I found them strangely empowering to know that I was driving so far in single days by myself and seeing so much of the east coast of the US all at the same time.

My next vacation is coming up in just over two weeks, in fact my ticket came in the mail yesterday (WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!). I'm going up to NY to visit with some of my friends that I met online. I've met one of the three ladies before when I went to visit her in Kentucky (during my WV vacation), and the other two I've known for five years or so but we've never met. I'm excited but scared....I've only been on a plane once in my life and that was when I was 9-10 years old, anyone have advice for how to not get too nervous for the flight up there??

Libra, read or something, that'll help you concentrate on something else.

And just think about the millions of people who fly every single day with no problems at all. A little turbulence, or a kind-of-bumpy landing, is just part of the experience, nothing to worry about.

my last "real" vacation where i actually left the house was in either 1999 or 2000. went to disney world for spring break with my boyfriend and his fam. they were loaded so we stayed at a couple of different hotels in disney, ate at expensive restaurants, went to every theme park, including non-disney, travelled to tampa/st. pete to visit the salvador dali museum (so awesome), spent a lot of time at spas getting massages and mud baths and aloe treatments... can you tell i loved it?!

the only thing i would do differently is this....never again would i go during spring break. waaaaaay too many people and way too many parents using their strollers as weapons.

when we went the weather was perfect. during the day i could wear shorts or jeans and a tshirt with sandals and just kept a sweatshirt tied around my waist for when it cooled off in the evenings.

and kylie, if i ever get married again, i'm going to go to disneyworld to do so. they have great wedding/honeymoon packages.

here's a pic from my trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your boyfriend look like Mickey Mouse, Sher.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

agentcarver
    .... And that thing you're doing... Isn't it still illegal in Alabama? ;-)

My last vacation was my honeymoon(5yrs ago). We went to Cozumel. We had almost no money. So, instead of doing the "all inclusive" adventure; we planned as we went and did it cheap. We stayed in a hotel in the center of town. It was so old and tiny. I think we were the only guests for a couple of days. It cost less than $20 a night. It was right at the edge of the town square. One day we went on a sub ride. Another day we flew over to the mainland and toured Chichen Itza. We climbed the central structure(it is like a pyramid). Each step is twice as high and half as deep as a normal step. Add temps of over 100 degrees F and it was a difficult climb.....but well worth the fabulous view once at the top. We had all kinds of marvelous food, but the one meal I will never forget is the ham and cheese sandwhich we ate at the movie theater after hiking all over the island. We ate breakfast at 9 am and supper at 9pm. Nothing in between but water that day. We watched City of Angels with Spanish subtitles and ate ham and cheese sandwhiches. That was the best trip ever and my last vacation. I have gone on other trips, but this is the only one where we shared a carry on bag. I did not have to plan every minute. Every trip since then has been a vacation for the hubby and more work for me. Enjoyed every one of them,but I will never forget my last real vacation.

+ Reply to Thread