+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

Re: Where I went on my last vacation....

Sounds like a blast; have a great time! We were at Mason's on this trip, and were there early in April too (the one out in the Burlington community, not Mason Mountain on 28) and did quite well this time-- a lot of sapphires, and the hubby found a 6.5 carat one. Luckily, as of this last trip, the mud from earlier in the spring has dried up so digging is a lot easier.

Not sure if you ever watch the "Cash and Treasures" show on the Travel Channel at all, but I actually started a thread for that in the Non-Reality Shows forum.
    Last edited by pakacat; 05-05-2008 at 08:12 PM.

I didn't know where else to put this, but I need vacation plan ideas! My whole family is going to North Carolina in August for my cousin's wedding. We get there on Thursday night, and friday we're helping with the rehearsal dinner and stuff, and saturday's the wedding. And then for the rest of the week, we have nothing planned. My family (including extended family) have rented a house right on the beach at Holden Beach. Does anybody know anything fun and interesting to do around here? I know Holden Beach is a sea turtle preserve, and it's the time of year where sea turtles come up to lay their eggs and the babies hatch, so my dad and I are going out a couple of nights to try and see any turtles laying. And then some of us want to go tour historical houses and such.

So, any ideas?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Back from our summer fishing trip in Quebec; some video and photos here- bucfanpaka/Quebec Fishing 2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Also got to do a few more days of mining in Franklin, N.C. on the way back... find of the trip was this 34 (or 35.5 depending on the reading I use; got two different ones) ct. pinkish sapphire from Cherokee Ruby Mine- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...2/100_0917.jpg

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3027288;
    I didn't know where else to put this, but I need vacation plan ideas! My whole family is going to North Carolina in August for my cousin's wedding. We get there on Thursday night, and friday we're helping with the rehearsal dinner and stuff, and saturday's the wedding. And then for the rest of the week, we have nothing planned. My family (including extended family) have rented a house right on the beach at Holden Beach. Does anybody know anything fun and interesting to do around here? I know Holden Beach is a sea turtle preserve, and it's the time of year where sea turtles come up to lay their eggs and the babies hatch, so my dad and I are going out a couple of nights to try and see any turtles laying. And then some of us want to go tour historical houses and such.

So, any ideas?
    Be careful about lights on the beach at night. artificial lights confuse the turtles and they had rules about that in Florida.

I would Google Holden Beach and the closest town and see what things they have to do. I know most towns now have visitor bureaus online now.
    If you are close enough (I have NO idea where Holden Beach is), go to Kill Devil Hills and you can see where the Wright Brothers flew the first airplane. They also have a museum them there. It was pretty awesome and the day we were there the wind was blowing hard and there were literally hundreds of kites up on the beach.

OK, looked on the map and you aren't going to be that close to Kill Devil Hills, but you will be close to Myrtlebeach, SC and they just opened a new amusement park called the Hard Rock Amusement park (yes like the Hard Rock restaurants) and it supposedly has a great roller coaster.
    There usually is tons of stuff going on in Myrtlebeach.

I googled it and Holden is one of those quiet beach towns, so you may want to check out Wilmington and Myrtlebeach. Holden sits about 40 miles between each of them. Wilmington is a nice place.

Here are 2 sites I found when I googled Holden Beach.

Have fun. I'd love to go. Sounds like my kind of beach: quiet. Whereas Myrtlebeach is a never ending party and I prefer quiet. But there is TONS to do in Myrtlebeach and not just party.

Holden Beach Island Guide - North Carolina Vacations

Holden Beach Town Hall
    Last edited by MRD; 07-20-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Where did you go in Québec, Paka?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3138405;
    Where did you go in Québec, Paka?
    The area we go is the Gatineau Valley, north of Hull and Ottawa; really beautiful region- Gatineau Valley - Tourist Information

Yes, I know of the place. It is gorgeous.

We went to Biloxi, MS in 2004. It was so much fun. But boy, did I come back poor, especially after we went to Sharkheads, lol.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I went to Costa Rica on my last vacation. It was beautiful there. I'd definitely recommend it.

And now I'm just about to leave to go to see the Niagra Falls. I'll post pictures of both Canada and Costa Rica when I come back.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I spent the last week in July in Hampton/NewPort News VA. I went to Colonial Williamsburg and took loads of pictures. I also took a tour of Endview Plantation

+ Reply to Thread