+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

Re: Where I went on my last vacation....

psycobabe, I'm jealous! I've been wanting to go to Disney World too. Good idea.

My favorite vacation was Maui in November 2002 -- it was my prize for being on Jeopardy!

Last summer, we went to San Francisco and Santa Rosa. So much fun -- everything in the city of San Francisco, and the fact that we could go EVERYWHERE via public transportation. And the Santa Rosa area was fun because of all the wineries -- especially the little family-owned ones with free tasting rooms!

My last vacation, though, was a weekend on Catalina Island during the first weekend of March. Hubby and I met up with my mom and dad who were on a day trip there as part of a cross-country train trip. That was lots of fun, too -- yummy food, and nearly everything in walking distance.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well, it wasn't exactly a vacation as the purpose was really job hunting, but just took another trip up to the beautiful mountains of Western N.C., and was able to get in a few days of gem mining; as a rockhound, one of my favorite things to do. Luckily, had WiFi too-- don't know what I'd do without my laptop! Here are some pics and video from the trip- bucfanpaka/masons and cherokee - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My own page I put together about the area is here- Gem Mining in the Franklin, N.C. Area

Those blue butterflies are amazing!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2968655;
    Those blue butterflies are amazing!
    Thanks! I got quite a few photos of them in the album-- there were SO many of them at the one mine! They were very cool-- wondering what species they are. There was also another species there too, in smaller numbers.

pakacat, I think you just have to be kin to me--I also go rock hunting, and I know we also both like fishing a LOT. How many ladies do you know with both of those hobbies? I am planning to call in sick next week and go to NC, probably around Franklin or Asheville next week. Hope I get to see those butterflies--they are Black Swallowtails by the way. We don't have any yet in GA that I've seen--how odd!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

That is very cool, queenb! And thanks!

Have fun on your trip! Planning to hit any of the mines? It is such a beautiful area of the country up there.

I just got back from a three day trip to Munich and Bavaria. (Missyboxers posted some pictures here, we went to Neuschwanstein as well, and also saw the Rathaus of Munich (maybe it's mean to direct to someone else's photos, but I see no point in putting up my pictures of those places Hope you don't mind, Missy)).

But I can tell you about the weirdest bathrooms I've ever seen. We found a nice hotel in the Alps, with a great price considering what we got. The room was big, the bed was comfortable, we had a balcony and breakfast was inlcuded (more on that later). Anyway, the bathroom was a "glass cage" in the room. So you could shower and go to the bathroom with an audience. Since the curtains were on the outside and the door went outwards, it was impossible to close the curtains yourself, when stepping into the bathroom. It was the weirdest thing ever.

The breakfast, however . An asortment of breads and cold cuts (the Germans sure know how to make sausages and hams), youghurts and such. The best thing was the "Wänschel" (which sounds just like wench to me) who served freshly made eggs; you could pick out your ingridients for an omelette and she'd prepare it for you, or other types of eggs if you wanted. She made freshly squeezed orange juice and waffles as well. You usually get those things at hotels, but to get them fresh was just so yummy.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 05-05-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Early APril we went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for our friends wedding on the beach and made a 7-day vacation out of it for us. Very nice and we had fun! I got to go swimming with the dolphins!

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2969341;
    That is very cool, queenb! And thanks!

Have fun on your trip! Planning to hit any of the mines? It is such a beautiful area of the country up there.
    If I go, I'll probably go to Mason's if I go to Franklin, or Vein Mountain if it's Asheville--or maybe I'll just sit in Buck Creek and dig for garnets!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread