+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Where I went on my last vacation....

Re: Where I went on my last vacation....

Thank you bbnbama! We aren't flying first class (way too expensive for 5 of us). I will be booking our flight in the next week or two. The flight I am looking at has the exit seats available, so that is what I will do. Thanks again!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;2749877;
    Thank you bbnbama! We aren't flying first class (way too expensive for 5 of us). I will be booking our flight in the next week or two. The flight I am looking at has the exit seats available, so that is what I will do. Thanks again!
    The only thing is that seating in exit rows is restricted by age. If any of your kids is under 16, I'd check with the airline to see if the kids are allowed to sit there. I've been on flights where the flight was held up while children were moved out of the exit row seats and other passengers moved into the exit row. It can cause a lot of problems if families end up getting separated at the last moment.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Is that because they fear kids will open the door?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks Mariner, our kiddos are flying with us, they are 7 and 10 and wouldn't be too pleased if they were seperated from us. Hopefully I can book Mr. Melitta and I in exit seats and then put grandma and kiddos next too each other in front or behind us. Thank you for the heads up!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2749892;
    I think its really more because whoever is in the exit seats has to be capable of helping others out in case of an emergency.

I'm sorry Melitta I thought it was only you and hubbie flying. Definitely try to get you and hubbie the exit seats and the others behind you.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2749925;
    I think its really more because whoever is in the exit seats has to be capable of helping others out in case of an emergency.

I'm sorry Melitta I thought it was only you and hubbie flying. Definitely try to get you and hubbie the exit seats and the others behind you.
    Not your fault. I should have specified that it would be adults and kids. I really appreciate everyone's input!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2749925;

That makes sense bbnbama. I'll keep that rule in mind since our kids are all under 18.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;2749837;
    We will be heading from Austin to Seattle to visit family in July. Any input on the best seats to book on the plane? I have heard exit seats, is that right? It has been about 18 years since the last time I flew and I remember the seats not having much leg room (I'm 5'5") Mr. Melitta is 6'2" and a very nervous first time flier. Room too stretch for him would really help.
    One other tip on this which may or may not come in to play depending on airfares. If you've got similair fares on a few different carriers, check the reputation of each one with regards to leg room. All airplanes are not created equal, as the legs on my 5'10" body know very well! American Airlines offers MUCH more leg room on their planes than many carriers do. I've never flown them, but I've heard that Jet Blue also has a lot of room. On Delta and Air Tran flights, I'm always crammed in my seat. (I still love Air Tran, but they'll never be boasting about their spacious seating!)

We will be flying Frontier. Simply because the tickets are $60 - $80 cheaper per person than all the other carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2749892;
    It's because you have to be able to lift the door which I believe weighs 50-60 lbs. The specifically ask you if you can lift that much weight when you sit in the seats and they also ask if you can help others out.

The thing about exit row seats, you need to get to the airport early or they get taken. I personally like the bulkhead seats. The front seats behind first class or if it's a big plane behind the steward station in the middle, anyone can sit in them, you get the extra leg room, and you get off the plane first. You can book those before the day of the flight too.

+ Reply to Thread