+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE!

I never saw this ad "live" . . . but it has to be one of the worst ideas ever. Did NO ONE stand up at a planning meeting and say, "Bad idea, guys"????
    Truly unbelievable. My daughter has a friend... two years ago when they were ten, her friend's mother committed suicide in this manner. My daughter's friend was the one who found her mom. She's now only 12 and I hope she, my daughter and everyone who has ever had to suffer through this are never subjected to this most unfunny commercial. Forget my foot to a tv screen... that's frustration. Foot to Hyundai advertising execs' head.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE!

I never saw this ad "live" . . . but it has to be one of the worst ideas ever. Did NO ONE stand up at a planning meeting and say, "Bad idea, guys"????
    Wow, not cool at all.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

This isn't specific to any one commercial, but it seems to happen a lot--the commercial wants to depict a sunrise, but instead of actually filming a sunrise they'll reverse the film of a sunset. IT'S NOT THE SAME! In the northern hemisphere, the sun moves from left to right as it rises; in reversed sunsets it is shown moving right to left.

One of our local stations uses the gimmick during a commercial for how they cover the news all day long--it makes me doubt the veracity of their reporting.
    Ellen likes this.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I don't understand why automobile companies have to include so much violence in their commercials. It makes no sense to me. Why must they show people hitting each other or destroying property to sale a car? I guess it's a trend. I've noticed it during the last couple of years. (People slapping each other in the face as they stand beside their car, cars falling off cliffs and being broken into pieces, and cars being driven in a reckless manor.)
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    This isn't specific to any one commercial, but it seems to happen a lot--the commercial wants to depict a sunrise, but instead of actually filming a sunrise they'll reverse the film of a sunset. IT'S NOT THE SAME! In the northern hemisphere, the sun moves from left to right as it rises; in reversed sunsets it is shown moving right to left.

One of our local stations uses the gimmick during a commercial for how they cover the news all day long--it makes me doubt the veracity of their reporting.
    I've always wondered why TV sunrises look nothing like the real ones I've seen. In reality, I watched the light gradually increase until it Pop!'s. As it hits the horizon it all of a sudden seems to pop up.
    Sunsets, on the other hand do slowly gradually go down & fade out, like on TV.

Thanks, I'll watch for it now.
    just1paul likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

...whenever one of thse Michael Bolton car commercials come on. Please, make it stop!
    Punkin, candor, waywyrd and 3 others like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Why does he sing so loud and look so plastic? During the football games today the ATT commercial with the creepy guy and the little kids was played as the first commercial at break more than once and I couldn't hit the pause or mute button fast enough..."which is better...?" PLEASE GO AWAY!
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ...whenever one of thse Michael Bolton car commercials come on. Please, make it stop!
    OMG OMG I sooooooooo agree with you. UGH!
    KAREN

OMG! So I'm not the only one! He sounds like he's straining and it's painful.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

DH and I couldn't remember his name when the commercials first started airing though he looked familiar. He was smart to lose that godawful hair though.

+ Reply to Thread