+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Diane Sawyer... sometimes it's fine. And then she says something dumb in that high pitched tone. FOOT!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I usually like the Progressive insurance commercials except for this one with that wrestling announcer "Get ready to buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ndle."

I want to stick something sharp in my ears when I hear it.

The new Geico commercial bugs me too. I don't like whiny Geico.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There's one for the California Milk Council or something like that with a cow singing in the upstairs shower that is so grating, so irritating, and so damn annoying that if I weren't already severely lactose intolerant, I'd give up dairy for life.

^ Oh no, I always laugh at that cow! (my daughter has helped me develop a taste for bad pop music)
    inthegarden likes this.
    Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post

The new Geico commercial bugs me too. I don't like whiny Geico.
    I wish they would go back to the squirrels high fiving.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

UNBELIEVABLE!

I never saw this ad "live" . . . but it has to be one of the worst ideas ever. Did NO ONE stand up at a planning meeting and say, "Bad idea, guys"????

Because of my freakish sensitivity to voices, I have to hit the mute button on half of the commercials now. In the past five years or so the new "announcer voice" is a female with a creaky, quacky register with an accent of baby talk. It is sooooo annoying. I know that this is the way that young women talk now (it's not just the Kardashians), but for God's sake why does it have to be on my radio and TV? The new voice of HGTV sounds like a sorority girl on helium with a creak on the ends of her sentences. The MTV announcer sounds like she's in middle school: "The Rill World. Wudnesdays at tun."

What's really bad is that studies are showing that two-thirds of college women now talk this way, so I'm probably going to die before it does.
    Ellen likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Once again, this may be an unpopular opinion, but here goes.
    I want to stick my foot through my TV screen when I see a commercial done by the children of the business owner. It's supposed to be cute, but it's not. To me they all sound like: "Nyab clmn weegvmb. Glocgh sneeeeeeeefgl. Copmrw flaaaaaaaambr." I can't understand a thing they say & they have no on air presence whatsoever. Why on earth would business people do this? Except that they are blinded by the "cuteness" of their children that I obviously don't see.

I feel the same way about people who allow their very young children to answer the telephone.
    "Halllloooooo"
    "Can I talk to your mother?"
    "Haaaaiiiiiiii"
    "Is your mom home?"
    "Haaaaiiiiiiii"
    "Will you get your mom for me?"
    "Haaalloooooo"
    "Where's your mom?"
    "Haaaaiiiiiii"
    About that time the mother sees what's going on & picks up the phone giggling that their child is sooooooo cute. NOT! I want to tell the mother off, but keep my big mouth shut as not to seem like the Wicked Witch of the West.
    Ellen, just1paul and AZChristian like this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Once again, this may be an unpopular opinion, but here goes.
    I want to stick my foot through my TV screen when I see a commercial done by the children of the business owner. It's supposed to be cute, but it's not. To me they all sound like: "Nyab clmn weegvmb. Glocgh sneeeeeeeefgl. Copmrw flaaaaaaaambr." I can't understand a thing they say & they have no on air presence whatsoever. Why on earth would business people do this? Except that they are blinded by the "cuteness" of their children that I obviously don't see.

I feel the same way about people who allow their very young children to answer the telephone.
    "Halllloooooo"
    "Can I talk to your mother?"
    "Haaaaiiiiiiii"
    "Is your mom home?"
    "Haaaaiiiiiiii"
    "Will you get your mom for me?"
    "Haaalloooooo"
    "Where's your mom?"
    "Haaaaiiiiiii"
    About that time the mother sees what's going on & picks up the phone giggling that their child is sooooooo cute. NOT! I want to tell the mother off, but keep my big mouth shut as not to seem like the Wicked Witch of the West.
    Completely agree
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

We have an almost-past-middle-age hand doctor in our area who always has his gorgeous (much younger) wife and his four kids sitting around him, gazing adoringly as he does his commercials. First time I saw it, I thought, "Great, Doc. A LOT of people are going to be laughing at you when she takes your four kids and at least half of your money and heads off with a younger man."

+ Reply to Thread