+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

I can`t stand those Charmin bear commercials. You can use less. You should enjoy your go. WTF.
    Ellen, AJane and M_shelll like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I can`t stand those Charmin bear commercials. You can use less. You should enjoy your go. WTF.
    Oh, good. I thought I was the only one who hated those commercials.
    Ellen likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

NOPE! You are not alone. I don't like those Charmin commercials at all. stupid
    Two commercials, strike that, three commercials that are getting on my last nerve are...
    The McDonald's fish sandwich...fishy, fishy. Hopefully they are truly available only for a limited time and the commercial will stop. fishy, fishy
    The KFC commercial with the two goofs that go through the drive thru the window and order with a terrible accent... Give me Two POT PIES .
    and The Nutrisystem commercial with Terry Bradshaw...call today so you can be Pretty like me.

Celebrities who go on talk shows as "experts" in some field they are in no way qualified to discuss. I mention this today because I was at the gym in the morning while The Doctors was on and they had Kelly Preston as a guest, rabbitting on about pesticides in fruit and vegetables and what products should be bought organic. Huh? I thought Kelly Preston was some C-list actress whose main claim to fame is being questionably married to John Travolta? And I should heed her advice because, um, why? Jenny McCarthy was another one, and that awful Robin McGraw. They seem to be popping up everywhere. Are actual trained, qualified professionals too hard to find, or do the producers of these shows think that the viewing public would rather take advice from someone they see in People magazine on a regular basis?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm convinced that the same idiot advertising agency that came up with "Enjoy the go" is also responsible for the asinine "Have a happy period." One thing's for sure, a woman didn't come up with that last one

I have a lot of late nights, so I see A LOT of bad commercials. Can we talk about the extremely disturbing Post-T-Vac (SP?) commercials featuring some deeply unattractive middle-aged (and older) men talking about their sex lives? Dear God. I'm positively scarred.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-13-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: ack. spelling.
    dagwood and Ellen like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While we're on commercials, who on earth came up with that Go Olive Garden! slogan? What were they thinking?
    It sounds like they'll be rustling up an Olive Garden sport team, complete with cheerleaders & pompoms. Downright stupid for an Italian restaurant.

Apparently Olive Garden's sales have been consistently slipping since the economy slipped. They're remodeling the restaurants inside & out. That's fine & dandy. But with a slogan like Go Olive Garden! I'm scared they're going with a sports motif. Not good.

I kind of liked "When You're Here, You're Family". It made it sound like a nice place to eat.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

UGH, don't get me started on those Olive Garden commercials. At least those are a little better than the whole nonsense about "Hospitaliano" being Italian. Um, NO, it's not.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm convinced that the same idiot advertising agency that came up with "Enjoy the go" is also responsible for the asinine "Have a happy period." One thing's for sure, a woman didn't come up with that last one

I have a lot of late nights, so I see A LOT of bad commercials. Can we talk about the extremely disturbing Post-T-Vac (SP?) commercials featuring some deeply unattractive middle-aged (and older) men talking about their sex lives? Dear God. I'm positively scarred.
    LOL! I think you may be right, Critical. Have a happy period is asinine.

Haven't seen the Post-T-Vac commercials but the trans-vaginal mesh commercials kinda freak me out. From what I have read, the mesh thing is horrendous. Living in Canada, I can't understand why they would be able to do the operation, yet not know how to remove it. Scary stuff.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Those little kids in the AT&T commercials make me near-homicidal. Maybe they were cute the first 500,000 times they aired, but jeez. They're on ALL THE TIME and they are NOT funny any more. Depending on what channel I'm watching, there's one during every commercial break. I've never felt so much hostility for children before!
    JLuvs and just1paul like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Those little kids in the AT&T commercials make me near-homicidal. Maybe they were cute the first 500,000 times they aired, but jeez. They're on ALL THE TIME and they are NOT funny any more. Depending on what channel I'm watching, there's one during every commercial break. I've never felt so much hostility for children before!
    The little girl in the "we want more" AT&T commercial . . . the first time I saw it, I said, "She's going to grow up to be Roseanne Roseannadanna." Am I right, or am I right?

+ Reply to Thread