+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

I love Catherine Zeta Jones but that commercial shes currently doin is a waste of time for her. What the feature of the phone makes me go, oh wow! where can I get one!!!!

Princess
    Commercials. Period. Especially those in the middle of programs (thank god for PBS!!)

Commercials come in handy sometimes when you have to take a quick run to the powder room or grab a cup of hot chocolate and a bag of chips. However, did anyone notice that the volume goes way up when the commercial airs and then seems to cut down when the movie or television program starts up again? It drives me crazy having to go up and down with the volume like that! But then, again, this should be on the pet peeves thread.

Princess
    See, CB, you don't like commercials - you like breaks!
    I don't mind breaks inbetween shows, but imo it really ruins any kind of "movie experience" when they are in the middle of the show.

And yeah - that red-headed obnoxiuos guy, I just can't stand him!

Endless Weather bulletins and updates. Maybe it's because we rarely have life threatening weather around these parts, but it doesn't make sense to me.
    Agree completely, Miss F!! I've lived in Seattle for 3 1/2 years now, and there has been exactly 1 day of snow and 4 thunderstorms, no hurricanes/tornados/flooding/heavy raining/snowstorms - no nothing!

Aww Modesty, you don't like Carrot Top??? he is annoying isn't he?
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

PKeeper
    Missing the season premier of Alias. Our Minnesta Vikings had a National televised game that night which pre-empted Alias, at least in Minnesota. I guess the show was broadcast at 11:30 p.m. that night, but I do not recall them mentioning this once during the game.

To salt the wound, the Vike lost by like 40 points. Thanks God for the internet; it allowed me to view recaps.

Princess
    MommaD - you are amazing! Up and posting in these silly forums already!! But then, some laughs are good for your health, they say. Don't laugh too hard or you'll break your stiches..
    Aww Modesty, you don't like Carrot Top??? he is annoying isn't he?
    Annoying is just the beginning.... I used to watch "The Weakest Link" in the beginning, and there was that Carrot thing particpating in some celebrity episode. I really didn't have any firm opinion about him before, but OMG, was he annoying - or what?!! He totally trashed the competition, and didn't even try. I mean, they were competing to support a charitiy with as much money as possible; why would he even agree to be there if he was so set on getting as little as possible - not only to his "own" charity org., but at the same time, to anyone elses aswell??? This guy sucks! Big Time! (leaving soapbox )

I loved the Weakest Link where they had the Brady Bunch on. They all look great! I don't understand why the lady in black needs to insult her contestants, but I guess like they say "everybody's got a schtick!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Whoever said Carrot Top is dead on. For those of you who don't believe in the Devil, let me say that Carrot Top is proof positive he exists. No way does that talentless, annoying schmuck have a career without selling his soul to Satan.

Others:

- Someone already mentioned the "Can you hear me now" commercials. When I see him I always say "Am I annoying now? Good." Drives my wife nuts.

- Speaking of Mrs. Wayner, her favorite foot-through the TV ad would be the Coors commercial where the girls are playing in the snow in their bikinis.

- Someone already mentioned the "Can you hear me now" commercials. When I see him I always say "Am I annoying now? Good." Drives my wife nuts

Good one, Wayner! LMAO

+ Reply to Thread