+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Re: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Holiday Cookies
    I'm making cookies for work this weekend - rugalahs (Jewish), Diwali snickerdoodles (Hindi), rosewater & pistachio sandwiches (Muslim), and lime cookies (which I always refer to as atheist cookies because they're my favourite). I'm not bringing any of the Christmas cake in because no one likes it. None of these qualify as Christmas cookies, however we're all having holidays around this time of year, so holiday cookies they are. Also, the shopping I did yesterday was holiday shopping, not Christmas shopping, so those trying to sell me stuff on television are referring to it quite correctly.
    Ellen and Shoepie like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I'm making cookies for work this weekend - rugalahs (Jewish), Diwali snickerdoodles (Hindi), rosewater & pistachio sandwiches (Muslim), and lime cookies (which I always refer to as atheist cookies because they're my favourite). I'm not bringing any of the Christmas cake in because no one likes it. None of these qualify as Christmas cookies, however we're all having holidays around this time of year, so holiday cookies they are. Also, the shopping I did yesterday was holiday shopping, not Christmas shopping, so those trying to sell me stuff on television are referring to it quite correctly.
    Point taken.
    Your Holiday Cookies sound quite good.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Yummy LOVE the rosewater & pistachio cookies!
    Shoepie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I don't like when a news story takes over the programming for days on end. Give us update, certainly but save us from the same footage over and over and over and over.
    Ellen and justCoz like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate it when they interrupt regular programming for a political speech, but not when the press conference begins. It will be like an hour before the president is going to make an announcement and my show is cut so tv reporters can speculate about what he's going to say. WTF??? You cut into my show for this???? I can't wait All My Children anymore because it got cancelled but ABC used to be bad about doing stuff like this. Then after the announcement they'd talk for another 20 minutes before getting back to programming, starting with commercials, of course. Grrrr!
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate it when they interrupt regular programming for a political speech, but not when the press conference begins. It will be like an hour before the president is going to make an announcement and my show is cut so tv reporters can speculate about what he's going to say. WTF??? You cut into my show for this???? I can't wait All My Children anymore because it got cancelled but ABC used to be bad about doing stuff like this. Then after the announcement they'd talk for another 20 minutes before getting back to programming, starting with commercials, of course. Grrrr!
    ITA!!

The news anchor tell us what Obama is going to say and then recaps it. We really dont need the press conference!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I always think of holiday/Christmas cookies/sweets/desserts as just whatever gets made at that time of the year that doesn't normally get made much, if at all, during the rest of the year. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have to have anything directly to do with a holiday theme at all. In fact, I'm not even that crazy about things like cut-out sugar cookies, which I think are awfully labor intensive for what you get. The last few years, I've only made stuff on a "need to take" basis, because I don't want them sitting around the house tempting me. And, honestly, if all I made were kringlas, most people I know would be fine with that, though they're kind of labor intensive too. The dough also needs to stay cooler, so it's just easier to make them in the winter, and as a result, I've tended to make them for Christmas. They don't have anything to do with Christmas at all, but then, I don't think lefse, krumkake, or rosettes are necessarily just for Christmas either, but that's when you see them the most often in the upper midwest/northern plains.

Sometimes I've also made an orange/cranberry version of your basic chex mix, which is nice, because it's not as sweet as something like puppy chow. Plus, it's just a different flavor in the midst of all the sugar-centric treats.

I want to stick my foot through the TV when I see that diabetes care club commercial.
    Amy Lee likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I want to stick my foot through the TV when I see that diabetes care club commercial.
    Diabetes care club? Is that local?
    I don't think I've ever seen it here.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Diabetes care club? Is that local?
    I don't think I've ever seen it here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e86VzHDPys
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread