+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Tara reid is looking a mess in her new show. The first ep was dedicated to her favorite person in the world, paris and her paris.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The Ipod commercial where everyone takes their turn stomping on some hardwood flooring to their own music - it annoys the heck out of me. I don't know why.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Subject: HBO Sunday nights

Pros: Rome!

Cons: Curb Your Enthusiasm coming on immediately after Rome.

I feel the nearly uncontrollable urge to throw a whiskey bottle at the television whenever I see Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

And I despise Jerry Seinfeld, to the extent that I can despise anyone I know only through what I see of their public persona. Having said that, now I know why I hated Seinfeld the TV program: both of these idiotic jackasses were involved in its production.

That popping sound you hear after Rome Sunday nights is me attempting to time-travel back to a coordinate along the space-time continuum before Larry David appeared on my television.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Subject: HBO Sunday nights

Pros: Rome!

Cons: Curb Your Enthusiasm coming on immediately after Rome.

I feel the nearly uncontrollable urge to throw a whiskey bottle at the television whenever I see Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    Best line in a TV show EVER: "Why didn't Jesus put up the Mezuzah?" (<--- By Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm)

I just thought this was funny because my Sunday night HBO preferences are completely opposite. I find Rome mind numbingly dull and look forward to Curb each Sunday...and if I ever flip over too early and catch sight of those toga clad blocks of wood I flip around until I can find myself some Seinfeld re-runs.

Grrr...has anyone else been completely irritated by those "Fitness made simple, made for real people" commercials. I swear this commercial shows 5 times an hour on every single channel. My husband and I can't stand this commercial!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    lmao!!! John basedow.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In Canada the CRTC (which is a government body which oversees television and radio) has a policy in which US broadcasts are blacked out on cable and replaced by a Canadian broadcast whenever a Canadian broadcaster is simulcasting a US show (so that Canadians are deprived US Superbowl commercials for example).
    On Sunday I was watching an NCAA basketball game on a US Channel. It was scheduled to end at 3:30 pm, at which time ABC was going to follow the game with the final round of a golf tournament. No Cdn station was simulcasting the basketball game, but one was scheduled to broadcast the golf tournament. At 3:30 exactly the reception for the US channel was replaced by the Canadian channel. The only problem was that the basketball game was not over. The Canadian channel could not cover the golf because the feed from the US network was not available. They could not or would not cover the basketball game because they did not have the rights (and I am sure no interest since they have never covered US college basketball). So to fill in the time until the golf tournament, the Canadian channel (and my reception of the US channel was replaced by this) broadcast a show about gardening. At the bottom of the screen scrolled a message stating that the previous broadcast from the ABC had gone overtime, so the broadcast for the golf tournament was not available, but that as soon as it was available they would switch over to it. So after watching a basketball game for 2 hours I missed the end. Not only did I feel like putting my foot through the tv, but I am giving serious thought to moving to a civilized country.

I want to put my foot through the television whenever I turn on the news and the very first item on the news is about sports. Instead I reach for the remote to search for a saner approach to the news. There are enough sports shows that there is no need for sports to be covered on the news at all, but to be the very first item – unbelievable. Imagine the outrage if a sports fan turned on a sports highlight show and the first item on the show was a story about an earthquake?

Even on a slow news night, I would think that a sporting event at best would be a rather inconsequential event. But does any sporting event’s result outrank in importance talks aimed at preventing a province wide strike by civil servants that was threatened for the next day? Or what about an attack on a shrine that may lead to a civil war in Iraq? Or the murder of a Canadian couple in Mexico? These things actually affect people’s lives. The only way that I can see the results of a hockey game affecting someone’s life is if they drank themselves into oblivion to console themselves. Anyone likely to do that is just as likely to have drunk themselves into oblivion in celebration if Canada had won.

My guess is that the news people would justify their ranking a hockey game as the number one news story of the day as being the story that Canadians would be interested in most. That’s probably true for many people, but those people would have turned on a sports program, not the news. But even if I accept the premise that hockey is the story that Canadians are interested in most, it shows that we are doing a poor job in educating Canadians. We must have failed at teaching a sense of perspective. Second, the news is not some popularity program; it’s about information. It’s not about entertaining; it’s about informing people on important events. If the networks want to create a show about fluff, call it something different. Don’t call it news – that’s false advertising.

Okay, I just saw this, and I can't take it anymore. Know that one Geico commercial where the kids are playing in their garage band, and suddenly Esteban appears with some exciting news? WHO THE HELL IS ESTEBAN? This commercial drives me crazy, because am I supposed to know this person? Is he famous? Is he someone they just made up for the commercial? If they made him up, how does the commercial make ANY sense? I don't get it, and it makes me feel stupid, and ... well, I just can't tell you people the level of rage it induces.

So, yeah. Who is Esteban?

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread