+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Just saw the "gotta go, gotta go , gotta go right now' add,

makes me gotta go just thinking about it!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    ...whenever I see Paris Hilton. Or J-Lo for that matter. Or any other talentless, vacuous, wastes of oxygen.

Yeah, I HATE vacuousness!!

me too mrdobolina. I have to change the channel when Paris is on or I would need to buy a new tv
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by syd18
    I am personally tired of the walk sequence every show has in it's opening credits, you know the one where the whole cast is walking towards the camera looking serious with the music playing for dramatic effect.
    I love the walking scenes used in the promos and intros for those Law and Order and CSI types of shows. To me, they are more amusing than annoying. Here's the whole cast, walking briskly and very close together down the street with serious looks on their faces...why are they doing this? No reason at all. Just out walking together.

I always think of the hours that were probably spent by lawyers and agents negotiating who is in what position in those scenes. I can just hear the actors saying "Why is he walking in the front and center position and I'm second to the left? I'm the star, dammit! And put the fat guy next to me so I look better! Get my agent on the phone. Now!!"

Termite or other bug commericials where they show up close shots of the actual LIVE BUG. There are certain channels I blatently avoid when I eating breakfast because of this. Termite larvae are disgusting enough, I don't need to see a zoomed up shot of them squirming about while I am trying to eat!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Those artificial tears commercials with the woman from Northern Exposure.

That new Urine Gone commercial. What is wrong with your pet if you need an industrial sized bottle of that stuff?

Gross.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I hate the new commercial (Marshalls? Target?) where the girl is trying on dozens of outfits and throwing them on a huge pile on the bed, and then it says, "If it's not new, it's not in fashion". Like we need a nudge to be more consumer crazy while the rest of the world starves.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    That new Urine Gone commercial. What is wrong with your pet if you need an industrial sized bottle of that stuff?

Gross.
    Miss F - I was JUST going to write this! Not to mention - who the hell runs their marketing - they couldn't come up with SOMETHING better that Urine Gone??

but...you get a free blacklight to find the hidden pee. YUCK.

Tada
    I want to stick my foot through the TV when a show does WAY too many celebrity editions.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Not to mention - who the hell runs their marketing - they couldn't come up with SOMETHING better that Urine Gone??
    I would have called it, "Urine Trouble!!!" and then, in the commercial, I'd show the pet owner doing this :nono to the naughty dog or cat.

+ Reply to Thread