+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

It is extremely exasperating that Canadian sports shows still cannot go a single day without starting their show talking about the NHL. The season was cancelled, it would have been over by now anyway, summer is almost here, it's hot outside, there is nothing new to say and still they go on and on and on about it. Enough already. Move on with your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    I can't stand those toenail fungus commericials with the little monster guy that lifts up the cartoon toenail and jumps inside! UGHHH it makes me sick the thought of something peeling my toenail back that I immediately grab the remote whenever I see it.
    Oh Lord, that's what I came in here to complain about, too. That Lamisil commercial absolutely disgusts me more than anything has in quite some time. Ewww... I shiver any time it's on, and it doesn't make it far in my house, either.

I turned on the news and Dean said for starters, "Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives." Stupid man!

I am personally tired of the walk sequence every show has in it's opening credits, you know the one where the whole cast is walking towards the camera looking serious with the music playing for dramatic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by syd18
    I am personally tired of the walk sequence every show has in it's opening credits, you know the one where the whole cast is walking towards the camera looking serious with the music playing for dramatic effect.
    Oh, me too! That and the constant walking they do in some of the outside scenes. On Law and Order they are constantly walking down the street and the lady cop has coffee or something in her hand. Sometime during every show, they take that walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Oh Lord, that's what I came in here to complain about, too. That Lamisil commercial absolutely disgusts me more than anything has in quite some time. Ewww... I shiver any time it's on, and it doesn't make it far in my house, either.
    What about the animated Mucous guy? My sister doesnt like that one. They dont bother me.

What DOES bother me are all the personal accident and injury atty commercials saying how everyone is entitled to $1000's of dollars for being in ANY kind of auto accident. I cant mute or change the channel fast enough when those scum bags show up on my tv.

Of course, I may be just a tad bit biased being an auto claims adjuster and all.

Karen. I personally don't mind the Mucinex commercials but the fungus ones gross me out.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I don't like anything on TV that shows people's toes. On the news they were doing a piece about some retired people who were getting off a bus downtown to look at some new condos. They zoomed the camera in on these people's feet getting off the bus and they were all wearing sandals. Not pretty.

The one I hate the most is the "pink in the sink" commercial about gingivitis. I have to mute the tv or change channels.
    WOO HOO......I agree....I hate toes...only babies have cute/sweet toes...everyone else has gross, nasty, ugly toes.....I think I get this aversion to toes because my toes are ugly and my 2nd toe is longer than the other toes (which I've always been told means you're bossy...and I am!)...I've always been self conscious of my toes.......ACK.......toes are just N-A-S-T-Y
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    What about the animated Mucous guy? My sister doesnt like that one. They dont bother me.

What DOES bother me are all the personal accident and injury atty commercials saying how everyone is entitled to $1000's of dollars for being in ANY kind of auto accident. I cant mute or change the channel fast enough when those scum bags show up on my tv.

Of course, I may be just a tad bit biased being an auto claims adjuster and all.
    The lawyer commercials are the worst. My nephew is an attorney and he said he hoped to God he never got that desperate.
    The lawyer commercial that is really bothering me is one they run many times a day where Johnnie Cochran is talking with the group of lawyers in his Memphis office. How long has the man been dead? Is the firm prosperous enough to film a new commercial, ya think?

I want to stick my foot through my TV when....

...whenever I see Paris Hilton. Or J-Lo for that matter. Or any other talentless, vacuous, wastes of oxygen.

Yeah, I HATE vacuousness!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread