+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

Have any of you seen the new Verizon commercial? The one advertising the walkie talkie feature? The poor guy on the playground gets taken out by the kid on the swing but the Verizon guy doesn't. It isn't fair, I tell ya.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Grrr... I HATE that commercial for "Resees Peanut Butter Cups", with the guy in the car eating it. "Reunited" is playing in the background. It's SO annoying, plus they tend to over-play it a bit on ESPN and ESPN2, which I watch a lot.

-Rach

I hate.....
    Excessive movie advertising. You know when for two months before a movie opens you are seeing marketing tieins. The Hulk was a perfect example. Hulk Life Savers, Hulk Slurpees, Hulk Mac & Cheese for pet's sake.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

FORT Fogey
    Whenever I see Beyonce I want to Her video for Crazy in Love was played and replayed until I got so tired of the song I turn it off whenever I hear it. And now Beyonce is in a whole bunch of commercials and I hear Crazy in love every day.

I used to love David Letterman, because he had smart funny stuff on his show. But I tuned in recently a few times, and I see now he has his set decorated with hooker girls - and the humor is retarded. Yes, we get that a fat guy riding a bicycle isn't really Lance Armstrong. Funny once. Repeating the gag 50 more times doesn't make it funnier - it's like being with a 4 year old that wants to tell the same knock knock joke over and over.

Did I mention the hooker girls? Ugh. Everytime I see them I can't help thinking he probably saw them in some Times Square XXX shop, and told them he could make them famous and put them on the show in return for "favors." If you need to have half dressed girls hoolahooping in the background to make people watch a show, that should be a clue that the show needs better writing.

Used to love him, now he's like some creepy old sex-pervert that's going senile. I can't bear to watch it.

*kicks in tv screen*

The weather reports in Phoenix right now are....unendurable. Okay, so it is raining. Wow. Do we really need the ominous music playing in the background and segment titles like "NATURE'S FURY" and "MONSOON MAYHEM"??? A lone tree fell in the mall parking lot. As yet, no injuries have been reported, but we'll be on the scene, just in case!

The worst is the "on scene" weather reporting. Yes, look, the weather man is outside and there is wet stuff falling on him...Gee, I hope he survives.

Okay, I know weathermen in Phoenix get excited when they actually have something to talk about, but enough is enough.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    The weather reports in Phoenix right now are....unendurable. Okay, so it is raining. Wow. Do we really need the ominous music playing in the background and segment titles like "NATURE'S FURY" and "MONSOON MAYHEM"??? A lone tree fell in the mall parking lot. As yet, no injuries have been reported, but we'll be on the scene, just in case!

The worst is the "on scene" weather reporting. Yes, look, the weather man is outside and there is wet stuff falling on him...Gee, I hope he survives.

Okay, I know weathermen in Phoenix get excited when they actually have something to talk about, but enough is enough.
    It happens here in Ohio too. I drives me crazy, especially when one of my favorite shows is being interrupted!

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    The Jimmy Kimmel show commercial comes on. I despise that show...it's so idiotic. I watched it once, and it's not funny. Shows like Regis and Kelly are funny (much funnier now that they got rid of Kathie Lee..).
    I was in love with a difficult man.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    When you're watching the news and they say something like "Coming up; the burglar that stole Valentine's Day!" You stay tuned. They come back from break, and do a bunch of stories, none of which is the one you expect. "After the break; the burglar that stole Valentines's Day!" along with a picture of a semi truck with a single bouget of roses in it. You stay tuned. They come back. Weather. Sports. "When we return: the burglar that stole Valentine's Day!" They come back "This just in, blah blah blah." Finally they say "Well, we're out of time. I'm afraid we don't have time for the burglar that stole Valentine's Day!" I wanted to stick my foot through the screen in the worst way! Stupid L.A. newscast!!!

I have to add my oldest daughter's "I want to stick my foot through the tv moment."
    We were sitting in the living room talking when Monday night football comes on. That got a huge "oh yuck football again" and then they showed Brittany Spears which got a "yeah right, she watches football" followed by a "well at least she is dressed this time." and she left in a huff for bed.

why is Brittany on Monday Night Football anyway? Please :rolleyes
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread