+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: "I want to stick my foot through my tv screen when...."

FORT Fogey
    When those "Can you hear me now?" commercials play! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrr. Ok, sorry, but I hate those commercials.

Whenever I see that stupid car commercial where half of it is a cartoon and this really annoying music plays. I don't remember the company but it was orginally played in the movie theaters. A black guy is in it wearing sunglasses. Anyway, that commercial annoys the hell out of me.

I also cannot stand Anna Nicole Smith. I must change the station if she comes on.

I hate most cell phone commericals. The worst are the Verizon ones - I CAN HEAR YOU. STOP ASKING ME. Also the Cingular one with the twins. I have and love Cingular but for the love of God, get some new commercials. Same goes for Sprint and their commericals about mistaking sheep for sheets through cell phone static or whatever the heck they're trying to get across.

Hate the Herbal Essences commercials.

Hate the Carrot Top commercials. You're not funny. Get over yourself.

Hate any tampon or pad commercials. Especially that one with the girl and the window with the tampon.

Hate that one Dunkin' Donuts commercials about their new Lemonade Coolatta.

Hate political commercials.

Hate medication commercials with more side effects than benefits.

Hate Mountain Dew/Sprite/Pepsi/Coca Cola commercials most of the time.

Hate any commericals that are repeated more than twice during the duration of one show. I get it. You think your product is cool. I don't think so; therefore, there is no need to show me more than once - you will not change my mind by airing your commerical 400 times.

I'm sure there are a few exceptions to some of the commercials I mentioned on my list but pretty much just commercials in general make me want to take a hammer and smash the TV.

Especially with American Idol. I swear - I think there were more commercials than the actual show.
    *Lacey

The ChipsAhoy(tm) cookies commercial with the singing cookies that get trapped on a crowded bus.

" Immmmmmmmsqueeezed in the middle..smack dab in the middle"

Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Somebody earlier mentioned how they hate Jessica Simpon and Nick Lache. I hate seeing them too.

Also Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears.

Not to mention that Hilary Duff chick.

And the Olsen twins.

And all those little tween and teen "celebrities".

And Kelly Ripa can get annoying too.

Geeze, I never realized how many people bugged me on TV.
    *Lacey

Great thread! Lately it's been raining ALOT in my area. I understand tornado and flood warnings but, come on! The weather guys on ABC take it to the extreme. Sometimes they interrupt to say it's still raining and something COULD happen in the next hour or so. WTF? I have to get up and walk away before I really stick my foot through the tv screen. LOL

I hate medical commercials too caliqueen. When it's allergy medication and they say. May cause sore throat, nosebleeds, nausia, diarrhea. Women who are pregnant, or may be pregnant should not use this product. Rarely, serious heart and kidney disease has occurred. I just think...umm I think I'll stick with the allergies!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

When Bill O 'Rielly uses the tv to spew his pompous retoric daily.The only Factor I would like to see him in is Fear Factor getting his ass kicked by an alligator.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    When Bill O 'Rielly uses the tv to spew his pompous retoric daily.The only Factor I would like to see him in is Fear Factor getting his ass kicked by an alligator.
    do you REALLY want me to go off on Bill o'Reilly? I'd love to see him get his butt handed to him by Smokin' joe, but he's been unofficially banned from faux news, because he tells the truth....

no spin there bill.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

commercials advertising prescription drugs. All the sunny happy people (after they take the drugs). I remember seeing a new one... for women only. Why? does the drug check between the legs before it dissolves?

I can just imagine the scene: patient goes to doc and says: I am sick and want to show you the commercials for the drugs I want.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    commercials advertising prescription drugs. All the sunny happy people (after they take the drugs). I remember seeing a new one... for women only. Why? does the drug check between the legs before it dissolves?

I can just imagine the scene: patient goes to doc and says: I am sick and want to show you the commercials for the drugs I want.

+ Reply to Thread