+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I am in the perverse situation of having a driver's license, but no car actually to drive.
    I am in a more perverse situation. I have no car, and no license. I don't even have a learner's permit! (And yes, I am turning 19 in about a week.)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    I am in a more perverse situation. I have no car, and no license. I don't even have a learner's permit! (And yes, I am turning 19 in about a week.)
    How do you do it?

It's just my being utterly lazy. I love to read, but that driver's manual is boring. I've yet to tackle it. Seriously, that's why. I start reading it, get bored, and decide that I don't need to drive.

Read a drivers manual? I have no concept of that! The written test isn't that difficult. If you can make it through school you can ace a drivers test!

Yeah, I really shouldn't have waited this long, the rules just keep getting worse. Now, in my part of Canada, I'll need to have my L (learner's permit) for a year before I can get my N (new driver's permit). Having an N used to be like a normal license, except it only took a couple tickets for your license to be revoked. I think you could get rid of it in about a year. Now, I have to have my N for 2 years, I believe, then you take another test to get rid of it. While you have your N, you can only drive with one other person in the car, unless they are your immediate family.

I'm never going to learn to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    Hey all, it's me again. This time the question is, What kind of car do you drive and why did you choose it?

For me its a 1998 Ford Explorer that my dad gave me when he got a new car. It's a pretty darn good car for my first one. I'm just glad I have at all. While I love this car I don't think it really reflects my personality. Something like an R.V. would be closer to me.

kia sportage...... cause i had too

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNA
    kia sportage...... cause i had too

I test drove one of those a few years ago. They are really cute.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    How do you do it?
    hey now, I didn't have a licence until I was 31. Simple to get around really.
    I lived in NYC. they have a great urban transportation system. actually takes longer to get to places via car, cus of all the traffic... and did you ever try parking in NYC???
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Fogey
    Geez how do you go that long w/out getting a licence!!! I'm getting my permit in 6 months- I'm practically counting the days. And then I'm going to go get my licence on my 16th birthday.
    Drivers manual isn't that hard- we just got it in my Health/Drivers Ed class and a lot of it was like- "Red light mean STOP" or "before making a right turn, turn on your right turn signal" or "Be sure to stay at or under the speed limit!" So a lot of it I knew just from driving around with my mother

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    hey now, I didn't have a licence until I was 31. Simple to get around really.
    I lived in NYC. they have a great urban transportation system. actually takes longer to get to places via car, cus of all the traffic... and did you ever try parking in NYC???
    In a metropolis like NYC I can understand. I've been there several times and it was a treat driving a rental car at company expense not worrying about damage to the car. On the other hand, it was an experience. Felt like the start of the Indy 500 everytime the light changed. I remember pulling out of JFK and the girl travelling with me was freakin' over the way I was driving but you gotta do what you gotta do. When in Rome.......

+ Reply to Thread