+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Me, I want... anything. Seriously.. I don't have a preference- just not a Transport
    Oh Pinkie - I remember that feeling. I COULD NOT WAIT to get my drivers license. I think by the time I was 11, I COULDN'T WAIT. My friends and I would dream about what kind of car we wanted. I would always say "I don't care what it is, just so I can drive...". I do remember, though, that a pink pinto was NOT the car to drive . yes-sir-ree, back in the day, there WERE pink pintos...
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I have an old Buick Skylark. I'm looking at the 2003
    Honda's and Toyotas. Does anyone have any idea how much I can successfully "talk" them down for?
    you might want to look at edmunds.com for that info.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Oh Pinkie - I remember that feeling. I COULD NOT WAIT to get my drivers license. I think by the time I was 11, I COULDN'T WAIT. My friends and I would dream about what kind of car we wanted. I would always say "I don't care what it is, just so I can drive...". I do remember, though, that a pink pinto was NOT the car to drive . yes-sir-ree, back in the day, there WERE pink pintos...

Yes, maybe the thread should be "what was your first car?"

I drove a powder blue pinto for a summer. It had no reverse, and could only do about 30 miles an hour. And it was 0 to 30 in about 2 minutes. But that car was a loan from my sister who was in Europe. The first car I bought cost me $500 and I drove it for 5 years - a Chevy Chevette. It wasn't sexy but it was Freedom from the Bus.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Yes, maybe the thread should be "what was your first car?"

I drove a powder blue pinto for a summer. It had no reverse, and could only do about 30 miles an hour. And it was 0 to 30 in about 2 minutes. But that car was a loan from my sister who was in Europe. The first car I bought cost me $500 and I drove it for 5 years - a Chevy Chevette. It wasn't sexy but it was Freedom from the Bus.

yes, I remember those powder blue and baby pink pintos from the past. No reverse??? Yikes
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

The Chevy Chevette, no reverse thing reminded me of the Nissan Sentra my husband and I would drive in college. The brakes went out on it once and we couldn't afford to replace them (we were oh-so-broke back then), so we would downshift (it was a stick) and then yank up the emergency brake to stop. !!! We actually drove that way for almost a month. You don't realize how stupid you can be until you get older and look back on your past decisions :rolleyes
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I remember a lot of strategic parking. I can't imagine driving something like that now. The bus really isn't that bad!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    The Chevy Chevette, no reverse thing reminded me of the Nissan Sentra my husband and I would drive in college. The brakes went out on it once and we couldn't afford to replace them (we were oh-so-broke back then), so we would downshift (it was a stick) and then yank up the emergency brake to stop. !!! We actually drove that way for almost a month. You don't realize how stupid you can be until you get older and look back on your past decisions :rolleyes
    Stargazer!

This reminds me of a Cheers episode in which one of Carla's kids has a car without brakes, and someone asks, "How do you get it to stop?"
    Answer: "We just circle the block and swerve into some bushes."

My first car was a Chevy Citation. Immediately had to buy a new transmission.

The car before this one was a Chevy Celebrity, with a verrrryyy safe rust spot on the door so big that it eventually fell off in a chunk in my driveway, leaving a nice gaping hole right into my car. How did I fix it? A plastic paper plate, cut ever so strategically and taped over the hole. I used duct tape in a shingle fashion to shed rain and mildew. Mmmm...safe.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Okay people - NO Pinto jokes. I had the orange one with the white top and white stripes. I was the hero of my high school. Even if I did grow up in the poorest trailer park on the "bad" side of town, that car was hot, and spanking new, too. But then one day it unexpectedly blew up...never did figure that one out!

We have a "what was your first car" thread, if someone feels like finding and reviving it.

Save us all a lot of double-posts

95 Chevy Cavalier

+ Reply to Thread