+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

A 2007 Honda CRV with 10,000 miles. I don't drive much anymore. The one accessory I had to have was a sun roof and while I can only comfortably open it in the Fall -Spring and not at mid-day, I love the extra fresh air.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

My first car, a Camaro, had a pop top and I liked that feature, although I prefer a moonroof. One of my parents' cars had a moonroof and I really liked it! That's another feature I'd like to get on a car when I can afford to trade up for a better vehicle. This Elantra fits my current needs and budget so I'm satisfied with it.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Do any of you have a name for your car?

I never have named any of my vehicles and my parents didn't name theirs, either. Curiously, today when I went to Publix at lunchtime to pick up a salad, on the way back to my car, a name popped into my head, almost as though my car was telling me what it's name was: Priscilla.

I've had that happen with pets before, where a name pops into my head when I get to know them and that becomes their name, but I've never had that happen with a vehicle before! I haven't yet decided if I'm going to refer to my car as Priscilla or not. Maybe it was just a momentary weirdness, not some revelation from my car.

If other objects in my life start acquiring names, I might have a problem!

You know, I wonder if the former owner's name was Priscilla and I picked up on that somehow. Or maybe she, or he, called it Priscilla.
    Punkin likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys

Priscilla might be acceptable, but don't name your car Brad or we'll have to whack you!
    Punkin likes this.

I loved Brad! And then I totaled him.
    Punkin, Brooks and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    A 2007 Honda CRV with 10,000 miles. I don't drive much anymore. The one accessory I had to have was a sun roof and while I can only comfortably open it in the Fall -Spring and not at mid-day, I love the extra fresh air.
    Good grief, I wish mine only had 10K on it. My 2007 Saturn Sky has 149K, but I won't get rid of it until it falls apart. I love that car.

And it does have a name.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I drive a Chevy Equinox SUV, and love it more than any car I've owned.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

We've had names evolve for cars.... our Infinity QX SUV was called "The Q-Ship". My old Honda Accord was called "Little Green." Current cars, alas, have no real names. We do have an old Mercedes that is affectionately known as "The Naples Beater." The Naples Beater is my go-to car for around town during peak season. :-)
    Punkin and pikachu like this.

2015 Kia Soul. It's black so I like to say I have a black soul.
    "You're gonna tip that boat over and wet my weave!" To Rome For Love on Bravo

+ Reply to Thread