+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3933217;
    I'm still driving my '04 ION, and am bummed that the Saturn brand has been discontinued.
    I hate that they got rid of Saturn, too, I love mine. Also the best service department I've ever dealt with.

This is from when I picked it up a few years back. Still looks the same.

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

That's pretty! And the one I was hoping for someday!
    And I agree about the service department. There's still a service department in the same location, with some of the same people, but under a different name. And definitely NOT up to the quality of customer service, etc., I'd grown used to.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Same here with the service dept., it's a shame. One time I had to have the car serviced but we were so swamped at work it was hard for me to take time off. The service manager happened to drive by my place of work on the way to his - so he actually stopped one morning, gave me HIS car for the day, and drove mine to have it serviced. Then came back by and swapped them out again. I never had to miss a minute of work. I'll never find service like that again, ever. Stupid execs for shutting down Saturn!

Back to cars - I love that little thing. I still catch people drooling over it in parking lots and stop lights. Nothing beats cruising the beach with the top down. Or heck, driving home from work with the top down.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Honda Accord Hybrid, and I love it...something I've never said about a car before in my (long) life. I'm not sure how much gas I'm saving, but it has amazing pick up for a 4 cylinder (or any) car.... The only flaw is the American version does not have a real spare tire, instead just some kind of weird complicated thing that will supposedly reinflate a flat. I assume this is to save space in the trunk because of the batteries, BUT they never mentioned it when I was buying the car... and, really, who asks if a new car has a spare tire? When I got a flat and called AAA, and we opened the trunk, the AAA guy said, what the heck is this? Total surprise to both of us. Even with the directions he couldn't figure it out. He finally gave me a little bit of air which let me drive a couple of miles to the tire store, but the whole experience made me nervous about ever taking the car on a crosscountry trip.
    What is odd is that the Canadian version apparently DOES have a spare...according to the booklet... so when this one dies (we keep our cars 10 years or more usually), I'm tempted to go to Canada for the next one.

Is it different from a tube/donut tiire?

Cars have been coming with those for a very long time. You can only drive on them for a few miles until you need a brand new tire.
    I much preferred back when each car came equipped with an actual spare.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3936803;

Cars have been coming with those for a very long time. You can only drive on them for a few miles until you need a brand new tire.
    No, I was expecting a donut...that's what my last car had...but it was not a tire at all, but some equipment you were supposed to use to somehow temporarily fix the tire. Just weird.

Every time we buy a new car I negotiate for a full size spare. I hate those tiny things they try and foist off on you.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3936803;

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...brid-road_test
    and the spare tire is replaced by a small air compressor and a can of sealant (Honda pioneered this approach to repairing flats on the original NSX)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'd love to hear from any Honda drivers who actually got that to work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3936876;
    No, I was expecting a donut...that's what my last car had...but it was not a tire at all, but some equipment you were supposed to use to somehow temporarily fix the tire. Just weird.
    Phew! I have a donut in my car! I just read these last couple of posts and since my car is an Acura (made by Honda, right?) I got really nervous about not having a donut. Had to run out to the garage to go check - meanwhile, Mr. M yells out "It's not like you're ever going to change a tire anyway.. why do you care?" SmartA** So my response was "So I will know what to tell the guy when I call that number that came with the car purchase."

+ Reply to Thread