+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3280980;
    with all the upheaval on my life moving/retraining at work, I apparently drive a car with an EXPIRED TAG! I was getting gas this morning when a police officer pulled up and questioned me. I felt like an absolute idiot standing there with my mouth hanging open--I would have sworn I sent payment in. So I'm digging through the insurance cards, last years tag receipt, all that stuff--and it's just not there. Luckily I didn't get a ticket--I guess the officer felt like being nice. Monday is a holiday, I've got a doctor's appointment Tuesday--but you can bet I'll be first in line Wednesday. I have never in my life failed to pay a tag, tax, or insurance before; I'm embarressed.
    A pet peeve of my SO is to see cars with expired tags. Not sure why it bothers him so much but now I notice them all the time. Sorry queenb! I know with busy lives we forget things every now and then. I'm glad you didn't get a ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3276516;
    Just got a 2003 Hyundai Tuscani (similar to the Tiburon). I love it so far!

Meowza! I love your new car!!! Is it pretty good on gas, and does it drive ok in the snow?

I so need a new car. My Olds Calais is now 23 years old. I need a new inside door handle and a new seatbelt but they're near impossible to find. I have to go to a wrecking yard and remove one off a similar car if I find one. It's been way too darn cold to be wandering wrecking yards.

Broken Car Handle.jpg
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Meowza... can't believe I was the last post. Seven months later and nothing is done. No car handle, no proper seatbelt, (no air bags) and I havent' had a chance to really look for them either.

Note to file: Bondo is messy. It is like smearing peanut butter on your car. It dries in minutes. I've used two kinds (I thought they were the same, but not). So, my blue car is now patched with white Bondo and Gold Bondo. Now I'm embarassed to even drive it. It has to be sanded and then painted still.

Any tips? Car officienados out there?

No car here-I bus it everywhere, except when my parents can give me a lift.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3545260;
    No car here-I bus it everywhere, except when my parents can give me a lift.
    I have terrible bus and transt connections where I live. If my car goes, I'll be looking for something cheap to buy. I love my blue buggy, even if it is ugly right now. Shhhhhhhh...she might hear us!

2009 Honda Fit Sport with navigation -- I love it. Only thing I wish it had is a sunroof.

Anyone else driving a Fit? Do you like it? What would you change?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3282774;
    Meowza! I love your new car!!! Is it pretty good on gas, and does it drive ok in the snow?

I so need a new car. My Olds Calais is now 23 years old. I need a new inside door handle and a new seatbelt but they're near impossible to find. I have to go to a wrecking yard and remove one off a similar car if I find one. It's been way too darn cold to be wandering wrecking yards.

Attachment 25377
    It was great on gas - don't know about snow here in Texas!

It was totalled when I hit a pot hole/side of an unpaved road and the airbag deployed and dented the rim of the tire (along with a blow out). I got a new car in June. a 2008 Dodge Charger.

FORT Newbie

Anyone. But must be of Ford. They made the best cars according to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3556549;
    2009 Honda Fit Sport with navigation -- I love it. Only thing I wish it had is a sunroof.

Anyone else driving a Fit? Do you like it? What would you change?
    I'm currently driving a Nissan Versa, which is just like the Fit. In fact, I was torn between the Fit and the Versa. I knew several people who had Nissans and absolutely loved them, so went with the Versa. I understand the two cars are almost exactly the same. I love mine. I really can't think of anything I'd change. I've had it for almost exactly one year. It was great in the snow/ice, too.

I have a 2009 Chevy Equinox, and love it so far. It handles well, has a lot of get-up, and isn't bad on gas.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread