+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2956177;
    2007 FJ Cruiser...nothing but blind spots. Must get rid of the gas guzzler.

We looked at those cars before we bought the Mazda and the blind spots were what turned me off it. My husband does not turn his head when changing lanes, complete trust in his mirrors and when I test drove that car I actually counted to a fairly high number before the car next to me came back into view and that was with turning my head. I had sudden visions of my spouse taking out cars when he changed lanes and decided to not get it. They sure are great looking though.

2004 Saturn Ion. Love it. 30 MPG if I don't use air conditioning and if I keep the tires properly inflated. No surprises when I take it in for regular preventive maintenance. The only thing that would make me happier would be the curved rear window on my '95 Saturn SL1, or if my Ion were a little smaller and a hybrid. If I didn't have to have a second passenger regularly, though, I'd want a Smart.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

For any of ypu that haven't seen a Smart car:

smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo

Unk, we sawthose all over Vancouver and Victoria last year--they will sure get your attention! If I did more intown driving as opposed to 80 miles on the interstate every day, I'd strongly consider one; I think they actually have one with an itty bitty back seat too. Actually I think ease of parking and price are its strongest points you might be surprised to know that my Corolla is rated (and does get) about 5 more mpg than Smart.
    I lost interest in hybrids for similar reasons--they actually get better gas mileage than my car only in-town, where I rarely go. Besides that the initial price of a hybrid anything is so much higher, I wouldn't consider paying it. Hopefully by the time my YO does wear out, there will be some more efficient technology avaliable at around the same price as conventional cars. I don't count on it, though.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I'd definetly drive one of the smart cars. Since most of the driving I do is intown, I would be fine with that and having little or no backseat means I don't have to carry anyone!

I drove a two seater mazda for years and everytime we planned a group outing everyone would look at me and go: "she can't drive, she can only take 2 people". It was great!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband bought a huge gas guzzler It's a VW Phaeton with a V12 It is beautiful to drive but since he travels for business so much I think it will sit in the garage for him to admire. I am seriously considering getting a little Hyundai Accent or something like that since I drive and pick up my son everyday from school. If anyone knows a good, reliable little car, with good gas mileage I would love to hear it.

CC--as mentioned above, I LOVE my Corolla, and it actually gets 35 mpg even though I drive 75-80 mph all the time. And it's not even all that little, and is plenty peppy enough, unlike some of the smaller engine 4 cylinders that are a bit less expensive, but don't get any better gas mileage.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2967527;
    CC--as mentioned above, I LOVE my Corolla, and it actually gets 35 mpg even though I drive 75-80 mph all the time. And it's not even all that little, and is plenty peppy enough, unlike some of the smaller engine 4 cylinders that are a bit less expensive, but don't get any better gas mileage.
    Nice! I had no idea that the Corolla got such good gas mileage.

I drive a 2006 Chevy Impala. Love the car, it is a very dark blue that looks purple at night. Big and roomy. Gas mileage? 20mpg. That being said, I really don't drive it much maybe 50 miles per week. I have my school bus at home so no commute to work which works out well. lol I just figured out I can use the E85 fuel in the car. It costs about .60cents less per gallon. I also have a Nissian Sentra that I let my son use.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I used to have a Nissan Sentra - years ago, and that baby got great gas mileage!! I loved my little Sentra

+ Reply to Thread