+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

I was wondering about those cars muggle....I like how they look but I've never test drove one of them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

If gas keeps going up, will be driving a bicycle soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2956849;
    If gas keeps going up, will be driving a bicycle soon.
    I would love to be on that bandwagon - but in California, it just isn't an option too much.

I am really happy with the gas mileage on my car - upgraded from a Honda Accord to an Acura TSX a year ago, and the difference in MPG is quite noticable. Who would have thought that Honda's didn't give you the best bang for your buck?

Don't even ask about the monthly gas bill for hubby's full size Chevy pickup -- there ought to be a law or something!

MRD

Not much of an option here either. Going downhill is fine, it's the uphill that kills you on the bicycle. And our mass transit is almost non-existant.

Happy to say I neither know nor care what gas prices are - still, and will always be, on my bike. Because I have bursitis in my knees, however, I went for an electric bike this past autumn and it made cycling this winter a snap. And apparently it costs $13 per year in electricity costs to charge the battery.

As for carrying stuff, I have brought home gallons of paint, an antique oak end table, a coat rack, groceries, and one time, groceries and an office chair I bought at Goodwill. We have one of those baby carts for hooking to the back of the bike for hauling home the really big stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2961436;
    I would love to be on that bandwagon - but in California, it just isn't an option too much.
    Funny, but when we were in California some years back (drove from Tijuana to San Francisco, then turned east), we were commenting that L.A. seemed like a perfect place to be a bike commuter, but we didn't see a single cyclist. San Francisco, however, possibly the hilliest place on the planet, was just crawling with cyclists, including the huge numbers we encountered heading south on PCH, presumably heading home from University for the summer.
    Last edited by Rattus; 05-01-2008 at 10:05 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I think it depends on where in CA you live - some areas have much better climates than others. When it's over 105' daily in the summer and you are trying to get to work, no way you can ride a bike - can't show up drenched in sweat and smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2945846;
    I got a new top put on my '74 Olds Delta 88.
    And yes those are fuzzy dice hanging on the mirror.

My brother's first car was like this without the convertible. What a boat! We loved squeezing all our friends in that car! And the fuzzy dice - my 18 year old had some hanging from his rearview mirror recently, until he was pulled over and the officer told him they were an obstruction. He was given a warning, and removed them.

I am still driving my 2006 Cobalt. Thanking my lucky starts I didn't buy that SUV 2 years ago that was making me drool on the lot.
    Last edited by Ana Bannana; 05-01-2008 at 11:19 AM.

MRD

I just read that some are predicting gas prices to reach $7 a gallon in a year if the current trend keeps on.

I think a horse might be cheaper.

Think again, MRD! I miss my horses, but I'm glad i'm not "horse-poor' anymore.

I've always had an eye for fast, sporty little cars, old muscle cars, 50's classics and on and on. But I've always actually bought practical, as I've chosen to spend my go teo hell money on other things. I have had no complaints so far about my little Green Bean--2007 Toyota Corolla. Well I guess getting hit by a Dodge Ram before I ever got her home is a complaint, but not the car's fault. And the repairs were so well done, you absolutely can't tell. I plan to drive it till the wheels fall off--but if I ever win the lotterty, I'm getting a 1968 Olds 442!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

My dream car would be a jeep. Just a regular, nothing special jeep that I can take the top off. Other than it should run well, I want good music in it.

+ Reply to Thread