+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;2580173;
    Hi guys!!!! This is one of the reasons I love the FORT so much, whenever something is on my mind, a thread floats to the top that may help!!!

I'm getting my new RAV 4 tonight (woot!) it will be a new lease.

I have to hand back my old truck to GMC by the 30th. I've been told by family and friends that the new dealership will send it back to the old, but I think that's for "good citizens" who aren't handing in a car with a dented door and that's 2,000 miles over promise.

I tried to call GMC today and got placed on hold for 10 minutes. I hung up finally, with no answers. Anyone have any advice for a frustrated and panicking Fortie?

Veronica.... I just saw this thread, but wanted to ask if you had ever gotten an answer or gotten this situation resolved?

This situation would have been handled by GMAC, the financing company.. not GMC the truck company.. so hopefully you called the right number. But if you haven't gotten any answers yet, let me know.

<--- GM chickee... former sales rep

I just purchased a new 2008 Saturn Vue. I am super excited to be trading in my Saab for an SUV. I have missed being part of the SUV world and now I am back in. I get to pick it up on Friday and I can't wait.

My MIL has a Saturn Vue, and she absolutely loves it! I hope you enjoy your new wheels!

I drive a Ford Escape 4wd six cylinder, and DH drives a Merc Mountaineer 4wd V8.

We need the 4wd in the winter to get out to the "road" at least once, and DH pulls a Cassita trailer twice a year on his "treks". In August he heads to "elevations" to beat the heat on Forest Service Passport in Time volunteer projects...

The Escape is just big enough for me and LittleBigDog... It is also easier (for me) to get in and out of than the larger SUVS...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I love Escapes. Currently I am driving a Jeep Cherokee, but I am saving up for an Escape Hybrid. I spent the last 13 years driving a Ford and when I went to the Jeep, it just felt weird. I love my Jeep, but would definitely love the Escape.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Thanks PGM and Broadway!!!!!!!

I actually took the new Toyota home Friday evening, but didn't get to hand back the old beast until Monday afternoon. Virtually painless so far, but I panicked something fierce!!!!!

Friday night I could barely enjoy riding home in my new one because I had a splitting headache and had to sit in an extra half-hour of traffic in order to get it home. On Saturday I got to take her for a spin, during which I christened her with "Shirley".... I've named all my vehicles except for the last one I just turned in... those nicknames aren't PG-rated.

But, all said, I am so happy with my new RAV 4! It's such a pretty blue, and it just zooms on command. Yipeeeeeeeeeee!

The only complaint is so minor, I feel bad even voicing it... the ding!ding!ding of the warning bell when my laptop backpack is on the front seat... I guess it assumes that a person is not buckled in. As I drove it off the lot Friday, I did have it there and couldn't figure out what that bell was, and it wouldn't shut up, I pulled over, opened and closed all the doors, etc.
    Could does not mean should

I really like what I've read about the Escape hybrids... I hope you can snag one... And report back... ;0))

We have driven used Ford SUVS since '94, (two of them off eBay...) and they have been the absolutely most dependable vehicles we have owned in a long time... (There WAS that 67 Blazer we finally turned in 86.... Sniff - nostalgia...)

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;2587343;
    The only complaint is so minor, I feel bad even voicing it... the ding!ding!ding of the warning bell when my laptop backpack is on the front seat... I guess it assumes that a person is not buckled in. As I drove it off the lot Friday, I did have it there and couldn't figure out what that bell was, and it wouldn't shut up, I pulled over, opened and closed all the doors, etc.
    That's a little odd, I think... The 2005 Escape notices the weight in the passenger seat, and turns off the passenger side airbag, and any warnings associated...

I trust your lappy doesn't weigh 45 lbs. (or whatever the weight of a child should be to ride in that seat)..

Have you tried buckling that seatbelt to see if it makes any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2587249;
    I just purchased a new 2008 Saturn Vue. I am super excited to be trading in my Saab for an SUV. I have missed being part of the SUV world and now I am back in. I get to pick it up on Friday and I can't wait.
    Ohhhh, the new ones are absolutely gorgeous! Let us know how you like it!

Veronica.... about the chime, but I know how annoying those are! You should check your manual and see if you can turn that off. Normally you can reprogram that feature.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Unk! Sweeeet ride! I'm feelin' a road trip!

+ Reply to Thread