+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2214829;
    1979 Volkswagen Scirocco GLT, or something like that. We're not allowed to touch it, breathe on it, look at it, or do anything else that might chip the paint or dent it.

Can anyone tell me what's so great about this piece of junk? It's really annoying to me, and it's worth pretty much nothing now.
    He probably just has an attachment to it, you'll understand when you get your first car

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2214722;
    I'm sure I answered this post a long time ago, but I still drive my 1999 Toyota Sienna minivan and hubby drives a 2002 Altima - hoping to buy a new minivan next Spring (which would give us about 6 months with no car payment woohoo).
    well, so much for next Spring. Picked up my 2007 Toyota Sienna LE in White yesterday. I just *lurve* it!!!! And my husband drives an '03 Altima - I can't get my years right.

Only 59 more payments!

Congrats on the new ride MaryBeth.

Hey, does anyone have any experience with the Mazda 3? My sister has set her heart on one, and I'm a little nervous about it because -- at least, my understanding is -- they've only been around two or three years, so we don't know how it will hold up down the road. In our family we typically buy Hondas or Toyotas because they're the most reliable, and we keep them for years. I don't think I can change her mind at this point, but I do want to know if she might be in for trouble in a few years.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy,

I've driven Mazdas for fifteen years and had no trouble at all. As I remember from the Consumer Guides I bought when I was looking for my current car, the 3 gets high ratings. I think it's been around four or five years. I think she'll be happy. Of course, I'm a bit prejudiced.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I bought a "new" car today. I purchased a 1974 Olds Delta 88 Royale convertible. A classic land yacht to go cruisin' in. A friend of mine does car shows and he found a good deal for me. We put on car shows at my restaurant every month and we also do a big one this month as a fund raiser for Children's Hospital. Here's a picture. This isn't my car but it is pretty close. Mine is also red, white top, white interior, but more of a fire engine red. I go pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

I drive Chrystler mini-van--2001 -no car payments
    and sometimes drive DH's 2004 Chevy Colorado crew cab-no car payments

we'll drive them 'til they fall apart......I love no car payments

can't let go of our 1988 Toyota Camry 259,000 miles of course, no car payment (runs good)
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Unklescott: Congrats on your new car - I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it.

I drive a 1992 5.0 Mustang Convertible. It's white with a black top and black leather interior. I bought it in 2001 from a retired person who only drove it on weekends. It's 15 years old and still has less than 80,000 miles on it. Our other vehicle is a 2004 Ford "Edge" truck. It is "sonic blue" according to Ford, but I call it "Truckleberry" because the color reminds me of huckleberries.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Unk,

LOVE your new car. I am sure you will have tons of fun in it. We see so many classic cars here. More than we used to see in Florida. I saw a convertible Karmen Ghia the other day. You NEVER see those. I really wish I had one of those.

You'll have to post a picture of you behind the wheel crusin'. Just make sure you have your crusin' tunes going!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Nice Wheels Unk! I love those big old cars! The door makes a nice "chunk" when you close it.

+ Reply to Thread