+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What kind of car do you drive?

Just bought this yesterday, its a 99 but got a great deal on it.

[IMG]images/img/blazer.JPG[/IMG]
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, I drive a 94 ford F150, long bed with crew cab pick up truck, licence plate says pupstruck, so you can guess why i bought it. I would like to drive a ford expedition and be able to afford the gas for it too.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Just like above, I also drive an Eclipse; only black. Picture this grandma with a car seat in the back while driving my little sports car. I do get double takes.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV

'02 Cavalier
    except mine's silver
    Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 11-09-2003 at 09:40 PM.

would you believe: an '02 protege. Bought it new, in cash, still looks good, just broke 10k miles on it (most of them in this last year). Does fine, but a little wimpy when lugging heavy cargo (can't do more than about 15 Concrete blocks without worrying about the suspension). Kinda like this but in a sandstone color.

I'm also in the market for a Motorcycle.
    Last edited by senrik; 11-09-2003 at 09:46 PM.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I always drove sporty cars until after my daughter was born. I needed something that
    a) could cart my daughter and two monstrous dogs around
    b) have a large towing capacity
    c) be able to get up a very steep hill out in the county when ice is on it and
    d) be able to handle rough terrain

So, I drive an
    AWD Mercury Moutaineer.

Yes its a gas guzzler, but we are actually people that use our SUV for its intended purposes and had no choice but to drive one. I thought I would miss my last sports car quite a bit but I actually came to love driving the Mountaineer. It drives great and serves its purposes quite well.

BTW-sen, if you're in the market for a motorcycle, look for a Honda if you actually want to ride it or buy a Harley if you're going for the look and don't mind towing it everywhere Seriously, though, my husband and I have owned several Honda's and have a special affinity for them.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 11-09-2003 at 11:43 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm a Ford loyalist, even if it does stand for fix or repair daily. Seriously, I do find them very reliable, it's just that when they break, they break good! My first car was a 1984 White Ford Ranger (with Cadillac wreaths on it--just don't ask!). When it died (at 165000 miles, I might add), I drove a Ford Contour for a while before getting a 1997 Ford Ranger (beautiful red, sidestep manual). There was a Buick Skylark in there for a while, but I HATED that car. It overheated on any day ending in "y" and was noisier than a cat in heat.

Anyway, right now my baby (Sonja, the red Ranger) in the shop (see thanksgiving thread) and I'm in a rental 2003 Chevy Silverado. I have to admit, I'm really liking it! I never thought I'd switch to Chevy, but this Silverado's almost gotten me sold! I won't be in the market for a couple more years, but I'll be seriously looking at a Silverado then.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Well, hubby isn't so Saturn loyal as I was, even though we were famous at the dealership for being the Saturn couple - we both had them when we met. When I bought my first VUE, he was jealous, since his Saturn coupe had been older than my sedan. So I told him to go get something of his own, and quit whining about it! (OK, not quite like that) So a week after I got mine, he went and bought a new Mustang convertible. It's great in nice weather to see and be seen, loud since he added something to the exhaust - I know nothing about it. But for long trips and comfort, we take the VUE. Plus, I have the XM radio, his seems to only get NPR when we're in range.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I drive a silver 2001 Honda CRV. I like it since it is big enough to haul stuff around and still have room for up to five people as well. It has been a great road trip vehicle, but it does lack a bit of oomph going up steep inclines. I like the fact that it is built on a car base, so it has the feel of driving a car, but has the look and cargo capacity of a small SUV.

I bought my last car new and it was an 87 Honda Civic. It was 14 years old and still in pretty good shape when I decided to buy the CRV. The Civic needed a new AC, so I decided it was time to sell it. I hear it is still running the roads for its second owner. I am sold on Hondas as far as reliability and style. Hopefully my CRV will hold up as well as my Civic. It's nice to have a few driving years past car payments and before major upkeep and repairs kick in!

I have a 99 Honda Civic EX in silver. It has the sunroof and all that stuff and it is a very good car to drive in the city as well as in snow. Between my parents, siblings and I we have 5 Honda's and we're all sold on them. Reliable, safe, and nothing useless I don't need.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread